3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Frank
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: C-FRZA 40.509
Airports: CYBW

Group Buy Question for Moderators

Post by Star57 »

Has anyone thought of arranging group buy's I'm in Canada and have a lot of experience in negotiating with manufacturers and dealing with logistics.

Is it permissible trough this site to arrange a group buy

Thanks
admin
Site Admin
First Name: admin
Airports:

Re: Group Buy Question for Moderators

Post by admin »

Frank, this site is not designed for that. :D

From the forum guidelines:
2. Here, pilots help pilots. We offer this site for free and without advertisements for a good reason: everybody should be able to share his experience with Diamond Aircraft and related products and businesses honestly and without the influence of sponsors. Any recruiting, selling, or otherwise promoting services, products or businesses is strictly forbidden.
Star57
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Frank
Aircraft Registration: C-FRZA 40.509
Airports: CYBW

Post by Star57 »

Thank you for your qwick reply...Its not my intention to promote or "Any recruiting, selling, or otherwise promoting services, products or businesses " :(

There is items that can be considerably less expensive if purchase in quantity, more often than not these are items that cant be purchased anyplace else.
As an example, if we would want to buy an XXXX XXXX HID kit for $xxx.00 that normally would sell for 300.00 dollars more in single orders, who, would we be hurting? the members save $300.00, the seller gets 10 orders that probably he wouldnt get...and everyone is happy! :)
While I will respect your position on the issue, I fully disagree with it, and would ask that this policy be reconsidered. :thumbsd:

P.S. I dont have any products or services to sell, but since Im cheap, :mrgreen: I was thinking about negotiating with some manufacturers or distruibuitors for the benefit of everyone. :idea:
I had HID in mind...LOL, and we are still in an economic turmoil... :roll: any memebers in Greece?

Cheers
admin
Site Admin
First Name: admin
Airports:

Post by admin »

Star57 wrote: While I will respect your position on the issue, I fully disagree with it, and would ask that this policy be reconsidered. :thumbsd:
Frank, I am sorry. I appreciate your interest to help us save our (in some cases) hard earned money. The primary idea of this page is education, safety and promoting fellowship amongst pilots who own or fly Diamond aircraft. We are busy focusing on that and have a hard time meeting our own expectations of our primary idea. (Is there anybody who wants to write a monthly newsletter, do the link building or wants to send postcards to new Diamond owners on a regular basis, by the way?)

This site gains credibility because members can feel free to express their opinion about a product, about their planes and even on Diamond Aircraft Industries, no matter if positive or negative. I want it to stay this way. If we would allow group buys, promotions, coupons, special discounts to members, etc.... would a new member then still write openly about his experience with product XY where he/she had a problem with the support? I believe it affects her/him and we won't see the same posts here.

Your ironic remarks about our Greek members in this context are inadequate, though.