5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Kai
Aircraft Type: DA40F
Aircraft Registration: XXXX
Airports: VTCY

Chris is on the Admin Team

Post by Kai »

As you might know, DAN needed new input and some fresh air. So, as mentioned in previous posts, I was looking for someone to assist DAN. FortunatelyChris came up and offered to help the forum out a bit. He is not only a founding member, an avid pilot, owner of a DA40 but also a software architect and as such an IT-expert. He knows DAN from its very first days and supported it all the way.

Chris has already started working on the forum in the background and he will sure be able to sort out all kinds of minor or bigger issues. Meanwhile, I have not "resigned" but will still be there, just being a bit more quiet and rather in the background. Feel free to direct any questions, issues, troubles or queries to him (or me, if you feel like it). I consider all of you here as my friends rather than members and this forum my family, my lounge and favorite hangout. So I will always be around. This is not a good-bye post rather than a way to say that there is Chris who takes a bit of weight off of my shoulders, which I am very thankful for.
DA40F - N405FP/HS-KAI (sold)
Chris
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Chris
Aircraft Type: DA42NG
Aircraft Registration: N449TS
Airports: KHIO

Re: Chris is on the Admin Team

Post by Chris »

And before anybody panics, my main goal, at least in the near term, is simply to keep the site up and running smoothly and to handle the administration questions and minor issues that crop up from time to time. With any luck, you won't notice the difference. I'm trying not to break anything while I learn my way around the server, but bear with me if you notice anything wonky (and let me know about it). You can reach me via the admin email address (admin at diamondaviators dot net) or PM.

Kai has built a terrific community here, and I'm pleased to be able to off-load some of the work of maintaining the site so he can enjoy it a bit more.
Chris
N449TS / DA42-NG / 42.AC049
KHIO
Aart
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Aart
Aircraft Type: DA42
Airports:

Post by Aart »

I am so disappointed in myself. How could I not have seen that after the last round of donations, Kai would just quit, take the money and live happily forever after in the Thai jungle? And in the process leave Chris with the rubble..

Great news, Chris, about you taking some of the load, thanks!

Kai, thanks again for starting this and keeping this forum alive. Diamond flyers owe you a lot..
Aart
DA42.332 PH-CCD LESB (Palma de Mallorca, Spain)
rwtucker
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Rob
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: N831BA
Airports: KFFZ KEUL

Post by rwtucker »

Congrats Chris & Kai. Let us know if there is any way we can help. Thanks to Kai's work and to all of the members who share their knowledge and insights so freely, DAN is a fantastic resource. At times it feels like a graduate education in piloting and maintenance. Other times it feels like a close-knit community where you can count on some friendly suggestions from someone who got to your problem before you did.
Colin
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Colin
Aircraft Type: DA42
Aircraft Registration: N972RD
Airports: KFHR

Post by Colin »

I think it is on a Thai beach, not in the jungle.
Colin Summers, PP Multi-Engine IFR, ~3,000hrs
colin@mightycheese.com * send email rather than PM
http://www.flyingsummers.com
N972RD DA42 G1000 2.0 s/n 42.AC100 (sold!)
N971RD DA40 G1000 s/n 40.508 (traded)
Kai
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Kai
Aircraft Type: DA40F
Aircraft Registration: XXXX
Airports: VTCY

Post by Kai »

Colin wrote:I think it is on a Thai beach, not in the jungle.
Aart wrote:I am so disappointed in myself. How could I not have seen that after the last round of donations, Kai would just quit, take the money and live happily forever after in the Thai jungle? And in the process leave Chris with the rubble..
I am glad nobody considered the possibility of a Spanish jail or being busy as the shift manager at McDonalds in Germany. :D :D
DA40F - N405FP/HS-KAI (sold)
Antoine
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Antoine
Aircraft Type: OTHER
Aircraft Registration: N121AG
Airports: LSGG

Post by Antoine »

Chris, Kai, thank you guys! All has been said so I will just +1