The Trip to do when in Melbourne

Your trip reports, airport experiences, etc. are welcome here.

Moderators: Rick, Lance Murray

Robin
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Robin
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: VH-JRZ
Airports: YMPC POINT COOK, MELBOURNE

The Trip to do when in Melbourne

Post by Robin »

Hello

Merry Christmas everyone. Have been busy with call backs to work over the Christmas period. But finally today have time to update to flights to DAN.

When some of you make it to Australia, Mark K and I will show you around. My favourite flight in Melbourne is around the bay. Its a great stress relief to do this flight. I usually am able to fly some sharks in the bay, usually in the shallows sunning themselves.

I have recently done this flight see trip report 280.

Cheers

Robin
Robin
DA-40XLS 40.1078
VH-JRZ, Australia
Robin
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Robin
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: VH-JRZ
Airports: YMPC POINT COOK, MELBOURNE

Re: The Trip to do when in Melbourne

Post by Robin »

Jane and I decided to go and have the $100 lunch. We flew upto Echuca, and caught up with a RV 6 pilot who also had the same idea.

We departed YMEN Essendon, Melbourne's secondary airport. To seperate from the jets coming in and out of Melbourne's main airport, we were vectored south to climb, then got lucky to be vectored almost over the top of Melbourne International airport. I shot these pictures with my iphone.

I have 2 photos attached.

Have a great New Year.

Best wishes

Robin :D
Attachments
Melbourne airport 2.jpg
Melbourne airport 2.jpg (90.36 KiB) Viewed 1323 times
climbing to 6000' melbourne airport was using runway 16, that runs right to left in the photo. It was kind of cool watching from above the big jets coming into land
climbing to 6000' melbourne airport was using runway 16, that runs right to left in the photo. It was kind of cool watching from above the big jets coming into land
Melbourne airport.jpg (90.36 KiB) Viewed 1323 times
Robin
DA-40XLS 40.1078
VH-JRZ, Australia