Colorado Mountains

Your trip reports, airport experiences, etc. are welcome here.

Moderators: Rick, Lance Murray

Tommy
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Tommy
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: N591CA
Airports: KCGF

Colorado Mountains

Post by Tommy »

OK, during the last week my wife and I have traveled from Cleveland to KLMO, KLXV, KASE and have just landed at KTEX about an hour ago. My heart beat is still racing. We landed on 9. OMG!!!
Words cannot describe the approach. Pictures and u tube don't even come close to doing it justice.
Right now I am still dumbfounded. The beauty of this place is astounding. Will update further later.
I
Tommy
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Tommy
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: N591CA
Airports: KCGF

Re: Colorado Mountains

Post by Tommy »

http://www.diamondaviators.net/reports/users/flights

The above link is to the stats on my trip into the Colorado mountains.
The trip focused on flying to LXV, ASE and TEX. High altitude flying is definitely a different animal for those
of us who are flat landers.
For whatever reason, some of the airport identifiers are incorrect. I have no idea how that happened.
Something in the download process mixed things up I guess.

The trip begins with the ID no.2015 and moves to the top of the page in chronological order.

It was a very good experience for my wife and I. The plane flew better than expected.
We traveled at 200lbs. or better under gross, never left after 8:00 am in the morning and always arrived before 10:00 am. That being said, it was not uncommon for da even early in the morning to be over a 1,000' above field elevation. It was definitely a trip of a life time. Glad to be back home and will probably do it again soon. It was just to much fun, especially Aspen and Telluride. I will never forget coming around that mountain and seeing runway 9 at Telluride for the first time. It was incredible.