Thousand Islands

Your trip reports, airport experiences, etc. are welcome here.

Moderators: Rick, Lance Murray

c2mlp
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Chris
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: N681DS (40.611)
Airports: N14

Thousand Islands

Post by c2mlp »

Yesterday, I took a day trip (40 min flight each way) from Lake Placid, NY (LKP) to Watertown (KART) to visit the Thousand Islands region. The folks at Watertown's FBO were very friendly and helpful. The reserved rental car was waiting for us when we arrived (about $60 for a small SUV, cheaper for a car). It is a 35 minute drive to Alexandria Bay, NY and an Uncle Sam's boat tour through the Thousand Islands region. Toured Boldt Castle, which is a must-see if visiting the area. Highly recommend visiting this area as a day trip.
Erik
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Erik
Aircraft Type: DA40
Airports:

Re: Thousand Islands

Post by Erik »

c2mlp wrote:Yesterday, I took a day trip (40 min flight each way) from Lake Placid, NY (LKP) to Watertown (KART) to visit the Thousand Islands region. The folks at Watertown's FBO were very friendly and helpful. The reserved rental car was waiting for us when we arrived (about $60 for a small SUV, cheaper for a car). It is a 35 minute drive to Alexandria Bay, NY and an Uncle Sam's boat tour through the Thousand Islands region. Toured Boldt Castle, which is a must-see if visiting the area. Highly recommend visiting this area as a day trip.
Neat! That's my neck of the woods! Its 15 min from here, my home airport of KPTD, to KART. Close enough that people make fun/joke that Boldt castle must belong to me, since my name is Erik Bollt.

Of course you know that the Thousand Islands are home to the famous Thousand Island salad dressing!