DA40 XLS for sale in Europe

New threads only for ***-ranked members.

Moderators: Rick, Lance Murray

Forum rules
Only for members ranked with 3 Diamonds or higher. No discussions, no questions, no commercial announcements. Please contact advertising member per pm or email only. This subforum is meant only for our members who want to get rid of up to 5 Diamond Aircraft related items per year.
Antoine
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Antoine
Aircraft Type: OTHER
Aircraft Registration: N121AG
Airports: LSGG

DA40 XLS for sale in Europe

Post by Antoine »

After parting with my own DA40 XL, I have initially rented and then purchased outright N905PA, a 2008 DA40 XLS from a good friend of mine who lost his medical.
N905PA.png
The idea was to use it while waiting for my Extra 400 to be rebuilt.

He had bought it new and really splurged on factory extras and retrofits including a DME, Stormscope, TCAS, Synthetic Vision etc... and even a backup alternator.

Even though my previous XL was very nicely equipped, I found the upgrade substantial.
I liked the WAAS (EGNOS over here) capability coupled with DME which makes it perfect for IFR flying in Europe and future proof.

After over 150 hours of trouble-free flying in N905PA I can safely state that it is a healthy airplane I can recommend to fellow forum members.

It now has 575 hours and is presently hangared and visible in Lausanne (LSGL).

It has full logs, no accident history and has been very well maintained.
Cosmetically, I would rate it very nice but not immaculate. It would need a little bit of touch up to look as new.

You'll find full details here http://www.planecheck.com/index.asp?ent ... 2723&cor=y
rwtucker
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Rob
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: N831BA
Airports: KFFZ KEUL

Re: DA40 XLS for sale in Europe

Post by rwtucker »

Nice aircraft Antoine. Based on a straight conversion to dollars, you are selling if for a very reasonable price. Lower than I would have guessed.
Antoine
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member

Post by Antoine »

Thanks for your feedback Robert.
I am not too familiar with US pricing, maybe the recent drop in EUR to USD exchange rate makes it a good deal but I cannot see too many XLS's for sale in the US , no idea what it would fetch.
I wonder if it would be worth someone's while taking it across the pond? I am not in a particular hurry to get rid of it, so if someone wants to pick it up say in May for a better weather situation, that would also work for me.
Lance Murray
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Lance
Aircraft Type: DA40
Airports:

Post by Lance Murray »

I want your Extra! When does that go up for sale?
Antoine
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member

Post by Antoine »

Lance I'm sorry I just saw your message above. I think you are one of the handful of people I know who could keep up with the technical challenge of "owning" an Extra 400 (my experience is that it owns you!).
I am absolutely in love with this aircraft. My pilot friends who dare fly along (some are scared by the long list of false starts) are literally stunned by the combination of capability and hand flying fun.

But I actually came here this time to close the thread as my DA40 has found a new home in Texas. The buyer is also a forum member and I am very pleased to report that the DAN has been instrumental in building confidence between us. Thank you forum moderators for the time you put in here and for helping us make a nice win-win deal.