DA40-180 XL 2007 for sale

New threads only for ***-ranked members.

Moderators: Rick, Lance Murray

Forum rules
Only for members ranked with 3 Diamonds or higher. No discussions, no questions, no commercial announcements. Please contact advertising member per pm or email only. This subforum is meant only for our members who want to get rid of up to 5 Diamond Aircraft related items per year.
ThomasD
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: ThomasD
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: N215DS
Airports: EGGD

DA40-180 XL 2007 for sale

Post by ThomasD »

Hello all,

Well, I lost my medical in the first half of 2017, got it back in the 2nd half, then lost it again at the beginning of 2018 and looks like not much hope of getting it back again, so unfortunately it looks like my time flying is soon coming to an end and therefore reluctantly I am looking to sell my beautiful DA40XL.

Now based at EGGD, Bristol UK. (For those in Europe VAT is paid.)
Priced at GBP 180,000 / USD $235,000.

It is s/n 40.829, a 2007 XL (AVGAS), N-reg, with full G1000 fit and with GFC700 FD/auto-pilot, T-CAS, TAWS-B, front airbags, PowerFlow exhaust, long range tanks, max wt. 1200kg.

I was the only pilot since I bought it mid-2008 (when it had 37 hours on it); after my medical issues in July 2017 I sold a half share to a like-minded pilot with similar hours & experience, and have just bought the share back Jul-2018.

Now 521 TTSN; annual to end Nov-2018; lovingly looked after with no expense spared; all SB's, AD's up to date.

There was a propeller problem at 517 hours: on departure from Bristol EGGD a metal strip came off the leading edge of one of the 3 propeller blades. According to MT Propeller a very rare event! (Only happened twice ever with their propellers, which apparently fly around 10 million hours per year.) Landed back safely at Bristol with no issues at all, but there was a substantial vibration from the out of balance propeller.
Due to the out of balance, Lycoming SB 533C indicated that the engine should have a shockload inspection, which it did. This involved a full tear-down, replacement of bearings, new piston rings, two new pistons, brand new magnetos - a complete overhaul, requiring the engine to be run in again, just like a new engine (and it looks and runs just like a new engine).
The propeller, propeller hub and governor were likewise completely overhauled, and also look brand new.
The work was completed at the beginning of Jul-2018; since then the aircraft has only flown less than 5 hours and is still in the first 25 hour engine period.
The result is effectively a new propeller and new engine!

Done many great trips around the UK and Europe: Barcelona, Munich, Geneva, Paris, Scotland, south of France all with a single hop from south UK.

Lots of data and photos at: n215ds.weebly.com
(full contact info there)

Tom