Diamond DA62 Dealers Midwest USA

Open for questions of visitors of DAN. Posts of our guests are on moderation queue.

Moderators: Rick, Lance Murray

JRGFlyer

Diamond DA62 Dealers Midwest USA

Post by JRGFlyer »

Hi folks. I am looking to trade up from a Cessna 182 to a Diamond DA62. My question for the forum is experience with Diamond dealers. I have talked to the folks in London, ON Canada who are the closest. What experiences have folks had with their dealer (positive or negative)? I appreciate any advice folks have.
Colin
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Colin
Aircraft Type: DA42
Aircraft Registration: N972RD
Airports: KFHR

Re: Diamond DA62 Dealers Midwest USA

Post by Colin »

I heavily recommend Lifestyle Aviation, who sold me my last plane. I also had really good conversations with Great Lakes Diamond, who happened not to have the plane I wanted by the time I was buying, but they were really knowledgeable and helpful when I was first starting the process.

Right now I don't think I would buy from the factory because there's so much turmoil.
Colin Summers, PP Multi-Engine IFR, ~3,000hrs
colin@mightycheese.com * send email rather than PM
http://www.flyingsummers.com
N972RD DA42 G1000 2.0 s/n 42.AC100 (sold!)
N971RD DA40 G1000 s/n 40.508 (traded)
farleymike
2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member
First Name: michael
Aircraft Type: DA42
Aircraft Registration: N197TS
Airports: 7FL6

Post by farleymike »

There are a lot of good dealers out there with a lot of experience. I would talk with a couple different ones to get a feel about them. It doesn't matter which dealer you buy from as the price of the plane will be the same. What matters is who you feel is going to be there for you during and after the sale.

mike
JRGFlyer

Post by JRGFlyer »

Colin wrote:I heavily recommend Lifestyle Aviation, who sold me my last plane. I also had really good conversations with Great Lakes Diamond, who happened not to have the plane I wanted by the time I was buying, but they were really knowledgeable and helpful when I was first starting the process.

Right now I don't think I would buy from the factory because there's so much turmoil.
Thanks Colin. I have heard good things about Lifestyle Aviation from others. They are also not that far away from me.
JRGFlyer

Post by JRGFlyer »

farleymike wrote:There are a lot of good dealers out there with a lot of experience. I would talk with a couple different ones to get a feel about them. It doesn't matter which dealer you buy from as the price of the plane will be the same. What matters is who you feel is going to be there for you during and after the sale.

mike
Thanks Mike. Agree strongly with your advice. Appreciate the input.
Kai
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Kai
Aircraft Type: DA40F
Aircraft Registration: XXXX
Airports: VTCY

Post by Kai »

There are a few in the Midwest and basically all of them are members of this forum. It doesn't make much sense for this forum to recommend one or another and Mike's post brought the point. It's all about sympathy and how you feel about them.
DA40F - N405FP/HS-KAI (sold)
ultraturtle
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Rob
Aircraft Type: DA62
Aircraft Registration: N62KZ
Airports: KAAF

Post by ultraturtle »

If you are intent on purchasing a DA62, you will be purchasing new and paying full retail price, so your choice of dealer will not matter much.

If you are willing to forego 311 pounds of payload for identical performance at significantly greater efficiency, then you might consider a recent model DA42-VI and save about half a million bucks, similarly equipped. If so, your dealer will be all important.

Mike Farley from Premier Aviation owns and operates a DA42 and knows pretty much everything about all of them in the North American marketplace. He worked with me for nearly a year, responding to every idiotic question I had within minutes via phone, text or email - several times per week, sometimes several times per day. He knew my needs and masterfully managed nailing down not only the exact aircraft, but the exact deal. I cannot recommend him and Premier Aviation highly enough.

Having said all that, DA62 opportunities do crop up now and then. In June, Mike forwarded a private offer to purchase one with 75 hrs on it for almost $150,000 below retail . He's a good guy to get to know.

After sale service from Mike has been just as outstanding as it was while searching. Every contact was answered quickly and knowledgeably.