Anyone located in the PNW that would let me sit in their DA40?

Open for questions of visitors of DAN. Posts of our guests are on moderation queue.

Moderators: Rick, Lance Murray

ManOfSpokane2

Anyone located in the PNW that would let me sit in their DA40?

Post by ManOfSpokane2 »

Hello! I've become very interested in the DA40 based on all my research but I've never had the honor of seeing one in person. Is there anyone located in the Pacific Northwest that wouldn't mind if I stopped by sometime to take a peak and sit in one? I'm based out of Deer Park (north of Spokane,) but I'd be happy to fly to you to see one in person!
pilotmichael
2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member
First Name: Michael
Aircraft Type: OTHER
Airports:

Re: Anyone located in the PNW that would let me sit in their DA40?

Post by pilotmichael »

You can fly/drive into Seattle and rent one here: https://galvinflying.com/ or here: http://www.rainierflightservice.com/
Rich
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Rich
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: N40XE
Airports: S39 Prineville OR

Post by Rich »

I’m in Prineville, OR, about 2 hours away if you fly GA. Mine is an older variant, 2002 steam gauge.
2002 DA40-180: MT, PowerFlow, 530W/430W, KAP140, ext. baggage, 1090 ES out, 2646 MTOW, 40gal., Surefly, Flightstream 210, Orion 600 LED, XeVision, Aspen E5
Wasco
2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member
First Name: Ormand
Airports:

Post by Wasco »

You can take a look at mine that is based in Walla Walla. 2003 steam gauge with KAP140.
Ormand
Wasco
2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member
First Name: Ormand
Airports:

Post by Wasco »

There is also a 2006 or 2007 G1000 DA40 at The Dalles, OR for rent at Gorge Aviation Services ( https://gorgeaviationservices.com/ )
ManOfSpokane2

Post by ManOfSpokane2 »

Thanks all... Unexpectedly I ended up going a different route than a DA40. The DA40 will always be on my wish list and I'll probably come back to it at some point but I was able to find another plane that matches my current needs very well. I do very much appreciate the offers and who knows, maybe in a few years I'll look you guys up again and take you up on the offer to come look at yours.

Regards
pilotmichael
2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member
First Name: Michael
Aircraft Type: OTHER
Airports:

Post by pilotmichael »

Not allowed to leave unless you tell us what you ended up going with... :)
ManOfSpokane2

Post by ManOfSpokane2 »

Hehe... I know better than that ;-) To tell of another plane on a DA40 forum, even though everyone is very polite here, is to raise a ruckus. Of course nothing could be worse then going over to the Bonanza forums and telling THEM you are picking a different plane. My goodness, they are like a swarm of bees over there. Apparently a Bonanza can climb higher, and faster, and better, and more comfortably, with more people in it, with more fuel, etc. etc. all for the same price or less (minus the outrageous annual's every year, or the fact that the insurance company wanted me to have 25 hrs of dual instruction first by someone that has 150hrs in type with 750hrs total, and the insurance price would have been 3 times as much as insuring a DA40 or my new plane!) And honestly, can they stop calling it a "Bo"? That sounds so retarded. I want to punch anyone in the face that comes up and says "have you considered a Bo?"

DA40... I will be back for you some day, it just wasn't in my cards for this year.