Pre purchase examination scope and detail for DA42 TDI

Open for questions of visitors of DAN. Posts of our guests are on moderation queue.

Moderators: Rick, Lance Murray

Flow

Pre purchase examination scope and detail for DA42 TDI

Post by Flow »

Hi folks,

Nice looking forum here, I am getting close to an offer on a DA42 and wondering if anyone could share with me the scope and detail of a through pre purchase examination. In confidence of course. I would also be interested US based mechanics that know the type and avionics intimately that might be able to travel to do the checkout. Lastly anyone keen to fly one back to New Zealand with me!?
TimS
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Timothy
Aircraft Type: OTHER
Aircraft Registration: N1446C
Airports: 6B6 Stowe MA

Re: Pre purchase examination scope and detail for DA42 TDI

Post by TimS »

I would love to fly it, unfortunately I am unqualified to do so (or have the time to do it).

Tim
Colin
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Colin
Aircraft Type: DA42
Aircraft Registration: N972RD
Airports: KFHR

Post by Colin »

I would send the logs to the Diamond Factory in London, Ontario. For a few hundred dollars they go through them incredibly carefully and tell you all the things that need to happen. I would also insist on a fresh annual and have it done by someone other than the mechanic that has been working on the plane. (I used one in South Carolina, I don't know where the plane is you are interested in, but he was an amazing find.)
Colin Summers, PP Multi-Engine IFR, ~3,000hrs
colin@mightycheese.com * send email rather than PM
http://www.flyingsummers.com
N972RD DA42 G1000 2.0 s/n 42.AC100 (sold!)
N971RD DA40 G1000 s/n 40.508 (traded)
Rich
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Rich
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: N40XE
Airports: S39 Prineville OR

Post by Rich »

Pre-purchase inspection request by prospective owner: "I need every logbook entry checked against the serial number of every part, every bolt-torque checked, 3 fresh annuals done by independent shops and a flight test by a certified test pilot."

Owner at annual time: "Plane is over there. Can you sign it off right away? I have a trip scheduled this afternoon."
2002 DA40-180: MT, PowerFlow, 530W/430W, KAP140, ext. baggage, 1090 ES out, 2646 MTOW, 40gal., Surefly, Flightstream 210, Orion 600 LED, XeVision, Aspen E5