4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Steve
Aircraft Type: DA62
Aircraft Registration: N62DZ
Airports: KEIK Erie CO

Re: I'm Getting a DA62

Post by photoSteveZ »

Congratulations, Joel! It seems the order book is growing and the lead times for a new ’62 keeps pushing out farther and farther.

There’s a six seat version coming? Are they going to use the fancy reclining seats from the Survey Star?
Boatguy
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Russ
Aircraft Registration: N962M
Airports: KSTS

Post by Boatguy »

Six seats would be 2+2+2? 2+3+1?
CFIDave
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Dave
Aircraft Type: OTHER
Aircraft Registration: N333GX
Airports: KJYO Leesburg VA

Post by CFIDave »

A one point Diamond Austria showed off a DA62 model with only 2 passenger seats and a large center console in the middle row. To my knowledge it's never been offered in North America.
Epic Aircraft E1000 GX
Former DA40XLS, DA42-VI, and DA62 owner
ATP, CFI, CFI-I, MEI
Kevincejnar
2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member
First Name: Kevin
Aircraft Type: DA62NG
Aircraft Registration: OKTUR
Airports: LKLT

Post by Kevincejnar »

Nice. I just ordered mine today, it’s my first plane so it’s all quite exciting.
MackAttack
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Joel
Aircraft Registration: N251JM
Airports: KIWS

Post by MackAttack »

Congrats!!! Welcome to the “long wait gang!” Turns out that another pilot at my home drome is also getting a 62 delivered in the 1st quarter 2022, so we will have two. I need to find out his color so that I get a different one! We can’t show up at the party with the same color plane! Lol

The plus side is that we will likely have the same company manage our aircraft (Avalair at KTME - they currently manage my M600 as well as TBMs, a Meridian, an M2 and a Westwind). With two 62s, they are thinking about getting their guys trained up on the plane and engines, which would be a plus.

As my Premier sales rep explained it to me, they expect the 6-seat version (2+2+2) to become available at some point in 2022, but no promises as the certification process (especially with Transport Canada) is hard to predict. EASA has apparently approved it, however, or so they tell me. Either way, I’m happy if I take a 5-seater. The 6-seat version will be a fair amount more expensive, I would guess.
bdbogle
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Bryan
Aircraft Type: DA42NG
Aircraft Registration: N687ML
Airports: KEFD

Post by bdbogle »

MackAttack wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:45 pm Hey folks, rather than start my own “look at me!” Thread - I thought I would just post here. Ordered my DA62 today from my dealer (Premier). Q3 of 2022 delivery (probably late Q3). 5-seat version plus cargo tray (but will opt for the 6-seat version if its available in time). Same for the GWX75 radar if that’s available in time… otherwise pretty standard options on the order although I did go for the keypad.

My demo flight was very interesting and really showed off the airplane’s capabilities (big surprise). Loved the rapid, 4000’+ emergency descent and the “look at me, ma, no stall break!” Handling of the plane. Really inspires confidence in the pilot. Trailing link is all its cracked up to be… easiest plane to operate and fly that I have every flown, no joke. Stupid simple, really … push the throttles, raise/lower the gear/flaps, pick a % power, watch your fuel tanks and that’s about it. Rock solid and stable … in fact, the most complex thing about the 62 is probably the G1000 and all its buttons :)

My other airplane is a Piper M600 (which I share with a partner). I really love the G3000 and prefer it to the G1000 as it is so customizable and flexible. For now, I plan to fly both and we will see how that develops down the road.

Looking forward to the delivery but its a long wait … so am going to try not to dwell on it too much. At my age, I’m not in such a hurry to see time accelerate anyway!

Thanks again to all the DAN members for all your helpful posts and info along the way … I felt much more knowledgeable about all the pluses and minuses of buying from the company after being on here for a while ….

Cheers!
How was your experience with Premier through the process? I just signed a deal for a Q1 '24 position and I'm down in Houston. Would be curious to see what options you spec'd out as well. If you're ever in the Houston area with the plane, let me know!
Boatguy
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Russ
Aircraft Registration: N962M
Airports: KSTS

Post by Boatguy »

A number of people here have a DA62 on order. To facilitate seeing the orders, the backlog, and the slips in schedule, I'd like to invite those with a DA62 on order, or who recently took delivery, to enter their information on this shared Excel sheet. If any problems, please PM me.

Thanks, Russ

https://1drv.ms/x/s!AvDxwIigp7LegYQrde_Y5IPzpbwTsQ