5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Dave
Aircraft Type: OTHER
Aircraft Registration: N333GX
Airports: KJYO Leesburg VA

Re: DA62 NXi Pending Approvals

Post by CFIDave »

Another observation from flying with new software version .03 in a DA62 equipped with G1000 NXi Phase I:

In previous .02 software if you filled the AUX fuel tanks all the way to the filler necks, the G1000 "Engine" page on the MFD would show yellow Xs as if the AUX fuel tank gauges were inoperative. Then when you started transferring fuel to the mains, the yellow Xs would go away, replaced by the proper 18 gallon (amount for full AUX tanks) indication.

Now with software version .03, the yellow Xs do not appear: AUX fuel tanks filled all the way up to the filler necks will now display the proper 18 gallon indications. :thumbsup:
Epic Aircraft E1000 GX
Former DA40XLS, DA42-VI, and DA62 owner
ATP, CFI, CFI-I, MEI
Boatguy
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Russ
Aircraft Type: DA62
Aircraft Registration: N962M
Airports: KSTS

Re: DA62 NXi Pending Approvals

Post by Boatguy »

CFIDave wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 3:22 pm Another observation from flying with new software version .03 in a DA62 equipped with G1000 NXi Phase I:

In previous .02 software if you filled the AUX fuel tanks all the way to the filler necks, the G1000 "Engine" page on the MFD would show yellow Xs as if the AUX fuel tank gauges were inoperative. Then when you started transferring fuel to the mains, the yellow Xs would go away, replaced by the proper 18 gallon (amount for full AUX tanks) indication.

Now with software version .03, the yellow Xs do not appear: AUX fuel tanks filled all the way up to the filler necks will now display the proper 18 gallon indications. :thumbsup:
These kind of bug fixes are why we need and should expect regular software updates. I suspect there are less obvious bugs which have also been addressed.