4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: David
Aircraft Type: D-JET
Aircraft Registration: NDJET
Airports: KFTW

Re: RAM BALL MOUNTS

Post by Davestation »

CFIDave wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:40 pmAs noted above, the aircraft has to be ordered from the factory with the $1360 option now to get the nut plates. Otherwise you get screws as place holders to fill the holes.
I’ve seen several that didn’t have or pay for the ram mount option but the nut plates were there. It seems that they just started installing them in every plane to streamline production (not sure if there’s a Canada/Austria difference). Removed the short screws, installed a ram mount with longer ones and done.
KTZ Pilot
1 Diamond Member
1 Diamond Member
First Name: Tim
Aircraft Type: OTHER
Aircraft Registration: NTBD
Airports: KONX KBCT

Post by KTZ Pilot »

Really appreciate the collected experience on this thread.

Looks like my 2018 DA62 has the correct backing for the Ram ball mount. Would I be right to order this two hole AMP pattern ball mount?
https://www.amazon.com/Mount-RAM-B-238U ... 749&sr=8-4

Which double socket arm works best to give an iPad the right amount of set off from the mount? 1”? 2”?

Finally, which holder works best with an iPad Air 2?

Many thanks!
photoSteveZ
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Steve
Aircraft Type: DA62
Aircraft Registration: N62DZ
Airports: KEIK Erie CO

Post by photoSteveZ »

KTZ Pilot wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:22 pm Which double socket arm works best to give an iPad the right amount of set off from the mount? 1”? 2”?
I tried a couple of other Ram mounting arm before settling on this: RAM Double Socket Swivel Arm (RAP-B-200-2U).

https://www.sportys.com/ram-double-soc ... 00-2u.html

The swivel joint in the middle is key, and the extra length is necessary to clear the A-pillar when you swing the iPad into position to face the pilot.