1 Diamond Member
First Name: Nokicky
Aircraft Type: DA62
Aircraft Registration: 9HXYZ
Airports:

ECU Failure after battery drain

Post by nokicky »

Hello Diamond Aviators!

Unfortunately our DA62's master switch was left on by a cleaning company while they were cleaning the aircraft.

This morning it was started with an APU and ran fine for 15 mins. It was then moved, shut-down and refuelled. After refuelling another start was attempted but this time the APU didn't have enough power so the starters didn't turn properly. A new APU was brought and the plane started but now has permanent ECU failures (both engines)...

- There is no ECU failure, A and B work great on both engines.
- The battery is now charged.
- Nothing I do clears the failures (power up / down, ECU tests, etc.)

It seems like there's a "latched" failure. Is there any way to clear it without going to maintenance?

Thanks,
Nick
Boatguy
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Russ
Aircraft Registration: N962M
Airports: KSTS

Re: ECU Failure after battery drain

Post by Boatguy »

Not that I'm aware of. Latched failures need to be cleared with the AE300 software on a laptop. The cable to connect to the ECU's can be purchased and the software is available on the Austro website. Or you go to a service shop.

For future reference, 15min won't recharge a battery; it needed to sit on a charger for at least a few hours.
nokicky
1 Diamond Member
1 Diamond Member
First Name: Nokicky
Aircraft Registration: 9HXYZ
Airports:

Re: ECU Failure after battery drain

Post by nokicky »

Boatguy wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:59 pm For future reference, 15min won't recharge a battery; it needed to sit on a charger for at least a few hours.
Yes, absolutely. The aircraft needed fuel though and therefore the engines needed to be shutdown... I think the issue came from the APU dying mid start...

I've managed to get hold of a cable so should be ok..

Thanks for your input!