5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Russ
Aircraft Type: DA62
Aircraft Registration: N962M
Airports: KSTS

Re: Part needed ASAP

Post by Boatguy »

mbitran wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 1:06 pm When maintenance looked at ECU A, it also was not logging flight data correctly, so it did need to be replaced (not a safety issue so we were able to wait a month to change it out - it took a while for Austro to send the new one).

This was all done about 4 months ago. The warranty covered the costs.

I have gotten one ECU error since then. I did the runup pointed downwind, on a gusty day. My guess is that a gust hit the prop and increased the RPM during the test, causing the ECU to create an error. I was unable to soft clear it. I shut down and rebooted everything, re-did the runup, and the error cleared.

On takeoff, I see RPM slightly above 2300 (around 2320 RPM). I'm not sure if this is normal - I will address next maintenance cycle.
I never received an ECU error, but during my annual in February the shop discovered the logging problem. Austro has issued an SB that said there is a software fix coming, but decided to replace it under warranty anyway. Not a safety issue and I continued to fly the plane until the replacement arrived.
photoSteveZ
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Steve
Aircraft Type: DA62
Aircraft Registration: N62DZ
Airports: KEIK Erie CO

Re: Part needed ASAP

Post by photoSteveZ »

photoSteveZ wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:07 pm The left engine started giving ECU failure warnings on both A and B channels in flight today. Shop has determined it’s a faulty oil pressure sensor, part no. E4A-52-100-801. Wouldn’t you know it, I have a trip scheduled at the end of the work week and I’m trying to track down a sensor in time to keep to the plan. Diamond Canada isn’t answering their phones and the US service centers I’ve tried so far don’t have stock.

Anyone here have a lead on one in the lower 48?

If London has one, can they ship overnight or does Customs get in the way?
Status Update

London had the part and shipped it on Tuesday. Arapahoe Aero received the part on Wednesday before noon, installed and tested it, and I flew it home the same day. Jet shades arrived Thursday; installed that evening. Friday morning we loaded up and flew from EIK to SNA with a stop in PGA: no issues and the Jet Shades added significantly to cabin comfort in the rapidly warming desert Southwest.

Flew home to Denver from LA yesterday, nonstop: 3.8hr on the Hobbs at 17,000’. I love my 62. :thumbsup: