Chicago based - prefer KGYY

Topics related to partnerships in Diamond aircraft, including searching for partners, legal organization of such partnerships, and methods for allocating time and costs between members. Commercial use prohibited.

Moderators: Rick, Lance Murray

xyzbobxyz
1 Diamond Member
1 Diamond Member
First Name: Bob
Aircraft Type: OTHER
Aircraft Registration: N933A
Airports: KGYY

Chicago based - prefer KGYY

Post by xyzbobxyz »

Hey all! I want to thank the admins for creating this Board. I am a pilot with a Bonanza at KGYY. Currently, I have four pilots renting time as I built a little flying club around it to provide more financial flexibility. Even though she is a great plane, my growing family and the lack of de-icing equipment has me shopping to add. I have about 1500 hours, IFR and will be new to multi-engines.

My next phase is to find a three or four partners to join me in this adventure. So, if any of you are Chicago based and interested, hit me up.

I plan to keep my Bonanza. Even with four guys plus me using the Bonnie, we rarely bump our heads with scheduling problems, so I am confident 4 or 5 guys could manage to work together in a 62. I just can't afford to buy one outright and build another club around - thus the search for partners... One option would be for a smaller number, maybe 2 or 3 of us, to partner up and then utilize the Diamondshare program to round the budget.

(Plus, I will have the luxury of my Bonnie as a backup - so I will be very easy to work with...) Also, with no multi experience, probably best for me to take a backseat to someone(s) else as primary for the insurance purposes.

I am very open to ideas and discussion - I am only pretty closed to being a non-equity Diamond share participant. I prefer to own and build equity. I believe that this venture would probably begin in earnest this summer and maybe Oshkosh will be the focal point for choosing the aircraft and beginning the actual purchase process. Anywho - let's get the conversation started!
Colin
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Colin
Aircraft Type: DA42
Aircraft Registration: N972RD
Airports: KFHR

Re: Chicago based - prefer KGYY

Post by Colin »

Welcome, Bob! I hope you find partners, it's an amazing plane.
Colin Summers, PP Multi-Engine IFR, ~3,000hrs
colin@mightycheese.com * send email rather than PM
http://www.flyingsummers.com
N972RD DA42 G1000 2.0 s/n 42.AC100 (sold!)
N971RD DA40 G1000 s/n 40.508 (traded)
yl472401
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Bryan
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: N890US
Airports: 1C5

Post by yl472401 »

xyzbobxyz wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:43 pm Hey all! I want to thank the admins for creating this Board. I am a pilot with a Bonanza at KGYY. Currently, I have four pilots renting time as I built a little flying club around it to provide more financial flexibility. Even though she is a great plane, my growing family and the lack of de-icing equipment has me shopping to add. I have about 1500 hours, IFR and will be new to multi-engines.

My next phase is to find a three or four partners to join me in this adventure. So, if any of you are Chicago based and interested, hit me up.

I plan to keep my Bonanza. Even with four guys plus me using the Bonnie, we rarely bump our heads with scheduling problems, so I am confident 4 or 5 guys could manage to work together in a 62. I just can't afford to buy one outright and build another club around - thus the search for partners... One option would be for a smaller number, maybe 2 or 3 of us, to partner up and then utilize the Diamondshare program to round the budget.

(Plus, I will have the luxury of my Bonnie as a backup - so I will be very easy to work with...) Also, with no multi experience, probably best for me to take a backseat to someone(s) else as primary for the insurance purposes.

I am very open to ideas and discussion - I am only pretty closed to being a non-equity Diamond share participant. I prefer to own and build equity. I believe that this venture would probably begin in earnest this summer and maybe Oshkosh will be the focal point for choosing the aircraft and beginning the actual purchase process. Anywho - let's get the conversation started
Howdy!
I'll keep you in mind!
Diamond DA40, Diamond DA42NG, PPL, IR
xyzbobxyz
1 Diamond Member
1 Diamond Member
First Name: Bob
Aircraft Type: OTHER
Aircraft Registration: N933A
Airports: KGYY

Post by xyzbobxyz »

I am waiting for weather to clear for my IFR check out ride. With a little luck and some skill, I will join the IFR ranks next week. Next step is to find a partnership. Ideally 3-4 of us -- alternatively, I could go it with a single partner and utilize the Diamond share program.

I prefer a D62 as I want the third row of seating. I also would like to focus of planes built in the last 4-8 years. If you are ready to talk, work on a partnership plan, I am ready to rock and roll.
pilot_jon
1 Diamond Member
1 Diamond Member
First Name: Jon
Aircraft Type: DA42NG
Aircraft Registration: N822SA
Airports: KUGN

Post by pilot_jon »

Hi Bob. I've been looking at DA62's recently and love KGYY.