Diamond community

The ramblings of our community of aviators.

Moderators: Rick, Lance Murray

Pascal
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Pascal
Aircraft Type: DA20-C1
Aircraft Registration: CGSMT
Airports: CYJN

Diamond community

Post by Pascal »

I just love the DA20-C1 I recently purchased. I can see myself upgrading to an IFR platform, maybe a DA-40, in a few years.

I would assume Diamond's best prospect buyers would be current owners of Diamond aircraft wanting to upgrade. I was surprised Diamond does not actively encourage their website's visitors who are owners to register themselves, giving their names and coordinates, as well as the aircraft type and serial number. That would allow Diamond aircraft to invite us all to an annual fly-in and barbecue at their London location or elsewhere.

I strongly believe Diamond aircraft should actively foster a sense of belonging to the Diamond community, so that we are even prouder to be owners and flyers of these fantastic airplanes. How come there is no online store allowing us to purchase Diamond apparel? I for one would love to be able to proudly wear my Diamond logo everywhere. On the ramp that would make for free advertisement for Diamond. Anyway, if anyone at Diamond aircraft is reading this, feel free to contact me!

Over the winter months I would like to organize a Diamond aviators fly-in to be held sometimes next summer (2018). You will all be invited.
RMarkSampson
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Mark
Aircraft Registration: N966CT
Airports: KPCM

SC00 Fly-In

Post by RMarkSampson »

Also thought the same. I do have a little Diamond Apparel bling from the airshows where the Diamond dealers set up a tent. There was an online store with one of the dealers (greatlakes I believe) but I believe they shut their virtual doors.

For fly-ins, Sun'nFun in Lakeland, FL is the (winter) show that many flock toward - its near my home airport. While I always drive to the event vice flying - a Diamond gathering would tempt me to run the Airspace gauntlet. The last two years Premier had their DA-62 at Plant City, FL for tours and FAM flights.

For those in the Southeast - there is a grass r/w in Woodruff, SC called Triple Tree Aerodrome. They have an annual fly-in plus a couple of other (smaller) GA fly-in events during the year. Been to it a couple times and I highly recommend. This year they have a breakfast fly-in on 10 July, a total eclipse fly-in on 21 August (now that sounds interesting) and their big GA fly-in is 6-10 September (camping or just the day).
Tommy
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Tommy
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: N591CA
Airports: KCGF

Re: Diamond community

Post by Tommy »

Diamond (Christian Dries) is not notoriously know for supporting the Diamond community. That being said, the London (Diamond) personnel I have come to know while owning a Diamond are nothing short of absolutely wonderful people. However, in the end, their hands are tied by Dries. Very unfortunate and I don't see things changing. It's one of the reasons I don't own a Diamond now.
Colin
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Colin
Aircraft Type: DA42
Aircraft Registration: N972RD
Airports: KFHR

Post by Colin »

I actually believe that for the first time since I bought my DA40 in 2005 things *could* change. The Canadian operation will own a bunch of stuff that used to be under the control of Austria. And the new Chinese stakeholders, once they find their feet, might be more interested in becoming a Cirrus-like operation.
Colin Summers, PP Multi-Engine IFR, ~3,000hrs
colin@mightycheese.com * send email rather than PM
http://www.flyingsummers.com
N972RD DA42 G1000 2.0 s/n 42.AC100 (sold!)
N971RD DA40 G1000 s/n 40.508 (traded)
Don Stewart
2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member
First Name: Don
Aircraft Registration: N623DS
Airports: KTOA

Post by Don Stewart »

The London Diamond factory use to have customer open houses and fly-ins back prior to the 2008 melt down. My wife and I flew commercial to London for a two day event. There were near 100 Diamond customer attendees and they entertained us for two days. They even had a private Snow Birds air show just for us. Also, it was the first time I got to pilot a DA42. Oh yea, free shirts, hats and coffee mugs. I guess you can say those were the good old days. Perhaps the new owners will promote again.
Attachments
more pictures 008.jpg
more pictures 031.jpg
more pictures 049.jpg
more pictures 016.jpg
Last edited by Don Stewart on Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
CFIDave
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Dave
Aircraft Type: OTHER
Aircraft Registration: N333GX
Airports: KJYO Leesburg VA

Re: SC00 Fly-In

Post by CFIDave »

RMarkSampson wrote: The last two years Premier had their DA-62 at Plant City, FL for tours and FAM flights.
Actually, it was Diamond Canada that conducted the DA62 demos at SunNFun/Plant City as well as held DA62 tours around the US. We (LifeStyle Aviation) participated by having some of our clients and prospects also fly the DA62 at Plant City, FL -- that's where I first flew a DA62.
RMarkSampson wrote: For those in the Southeast - there is a grass r/w in Woodruff, SC called Triple Tree Aerodrome. They have an annual fly-in plus a couple of other (smaller) GA fly-in events during the year. Been to it a couple times and I highly recommend. This year they have a breakfast fly-in on 10 July, a total eclipse fly-in on 21 August (now that sounds interesting) and their big GA fly-in is 6-10 September (camping or just the day).
We flew our DA42 into Triple Tree for their big fly-in in September 2013 and had a great time staying just for the day. The most amazing thing about Triple Tree is a 7000-foot grass runway that's made of the same type of grass as golf course greens. It's even got built-in sprinkler heads for keeping it watered. It's so smooth that an L-39 jet landed right behind us!

If you've ever wanted to land your DA40 or DA20 on grass and not worry about destroying your wheel pants -- this is the place to go. Highly recommended.
Epic Aircraft E1000 GX
Former DA40XLS, DA42-VI, and DA62 owner
ATP, CFI, CFI-I, MEI
Joey
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Joey
Aircraft Registration: N633DC
Airports: KJGG

Post by Joey »

I'm in for a fly in. Factory tour would be interesting. Warm weather climate is always nice too.
Joey Ritchie
DA40 XLS 40.940
JGG Williamsburg VA
Spinner
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Paul
Aircraft Registration: lots
Airports: CYQM CYFC CYYR CYTH

Post by Spinner »

This is what they emailed for the London Airshow in September 2017:

Diamond Aircraft will host a VIP Party for our customers and business partners at the Katana Kafe Restaurant, located next to show centre and the best viewing site for Friday Evening’s “Hour of Power” Event. Tickets to the Saturday and Sunday full day shows and static displays will also be provided and tours of the Diamond Factory and Seminars by Garmin, Hartzell and others are available on Saturday. We are reserving the Katana Kafe for the exclusive use of our guests, both Saturday and Sunday.

not sure how it went but the airshow itself is a fair sized one.

link to the 2017 airshow : http://airshowlondon.com
CFIDave
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Dave
Aircraft Type: OTHER
Aircraft Registration: N333GX
Airports: KJYO Leesburg VA

Post by CFIDave »

Spinner wrote:This is what they emailed for the London Airshow in September 2017:

Diamond Aircraft will host a VIP Party for our customers and business partners at the Katana Kafe Restaurant, located next to show centre and the best viewing site for Friday Evening’s “Hour of Power” Event. Tickets to the Saturday and Sunday full day shows and static displays will also be provided and tours of the Diamond Factory and Seminars by Garmin, Hartzell and others are available on Saturday. We are reserving the Katana Kafe for the exclusive use of our guests, both Saturday and Sunday.

not sure how it went but the airshow itself is a fair sized one.
The 2017 event went really well. We flew our plane into London, took advantage of the Diamond factory tour, and hung out at the Katana Kafe -- a perfect place from which to view the airshow mid-field. The photos that Don posted earlier in this thread of an event from a few years ago looked similar to the 2017 event.
Epic Aircraft E1000 GX
Former DA40XLS, DA42-VI, and DA62 owner
ATP, CFI, CFI-I, MEI