Meeting with Diamond

The ramblings of our community of aviators.

Moderators: Rick, Lance Murray

dselder1962
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: David
Aircraft Type: DA42-VI
Aircraft Registration: VHYDZ
Airports: YMMB

Meeting with Diamond

Post by dselder1962 »

I am to attend the Avalon Airshow in Australia and have the opportunity to meet with Diamond representatives. I have a few questions of my own, but thought I’d offer this group a chance to put forward any questions that might be interesting.
I don’t promise to ask all or indeed any of the questions, as I don’t know how long I have and how many others are in the meeting.
And I declare a bias: I will be focussed on the 42-VI and NXi, so for example Flightstream, Surface watch, visual approaches, Baro-VNAV, etc
I will take notes though and post what they say.
Cheers
David
David
Based in Moorabbin, Australia. 8-)
Past Cirrus 20
Past Cirrus 22T
Present Diamond 42-VI
TwinStarScott
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Scott
Aircraft Type: DA42
Aircraft Registration: N189Y
Airports: WN53

Re: Meeting with Diamond

Post by TwinStarScott »

Am glad you're going to this David! Let's try to talk over Skype before this events begins on the 25th. I'll send you a PM now.
dselder1962
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: David
Aircraft Type: DA42-VI
Aircraft Registration: VHYDZ
Airports: YMMB

Post by dselder1962 »

I met with Amila Spiegel Director Sales and marketing and Scott McFadzean CEO Canada.
They were very receptive.
In discussing Scott's petition, they are very well aware of it and how many owners are on it. I discussed the issues behind it and they were well versed in them.
They told me they are still settling in from the sale and essentially the merging of the Canada/Austria arms and now the Chinese arm.
They do have plans for announcements both in April but probably bigger announcements in July at Oshkosh. Wouldn’t tell me what they were but there will be a road map and timeline announced as to what they have planned.
They are very cogniscent of legacy owners, the software issues and communication with owners.
So I did get the feel that there are changes afoot and am hopeful that we will see things that we want appear.

They are recruiting 200 people over both sites to cope with the increased demand and the issues around the “road map”.
So I will be very interested in hearing from them in the near future, as there are channels opening up.

They took about 45 mins of a very busy day to meet with me. And, I came away very positive, so fingers crossed.

And they do read the forum, so can I just publicly thank them for their time and commitment!

David
David
Based in Moorabbin, Australia. 8-)
Past Cirrus 20
Past Cirrus 22T
Present Diamond 42-VI
TwinStarScott
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member

Post by TwinStarScott »

Great job David and thank you for sharing your most encouraging news!!!

Certainly readers can understand how DAI is stretched extremely thin during this unique time of transition and growth. Your uplifting news should also give all legacy owners a long overdue and much needed morale boost. For this, we are most appreciative to Scott McFadzean and Amila Spiegel!
ememic99
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Emir
Aircraft Registration: SEMAD
Airports: LDZA LDVA

Post by ememic99 »

So let's wait April 10th and Aero at Friedrichshafen to get first official info.
TwinStarScott
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member

Post by TwinStarScott »

Yes Emir. Fortunately, that's only a few short weeks away as we await the April 10th announcement with great anticipation! By the way, AOPA's Mike Collins confirmed with me early this morning, they will mostly likely be sending a person over to Germany - just not him.