Garmin ads-b gtx345 set up question

The ramblings of our community of aviators.

Moderators: Rick, Lance Murray

Joey
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Joey
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: N633DC
Airports: KJGG

Garmin ads-b gtx345 set up question

Post by Joey »

I have the G1000 w/ waas and the GTX345R box. I can see traffic on the G1000 fine, but no tail numbers. When I look at the iPad with Garmin Pilot, I see the traffic and tail numbers. Is there any way to get the tail number to display on the G1000? Can it be toggled on and off?

Any comments on how you have been setting up the traffic display? I don't really need to see the airline bubbas at 38k!
Joey Ritchie
DA40 XLS 40.940
JGG Williamsburg VA
smoss
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Steve
Airports: KVGT

Re: Garmin ads-b gtx345 set up question

Post by smoss »

They should be showing up there. There is no "toggle" The tail numbers are removed at a certain scaling out level, so you may try zooming in more. On the MFD, if you toggle to the actual traffic map page (black background with big rings), you can then go to menu and select "normal", "all", or something like above or below. The "normal" will only show the relevant traffic.
Steve
DA40 XL
Rick
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Rick
Aircraft Registration: NONE
Airports: KROA

Post by Rick »

On that MFD traffic map page, beside the ABOVE/BELOW/NORMAL button, there is also another button that enables the "flight IDs" or something like that - you have to turn that on. In my bird, though, tail numbers still only show up on that MFD traffic page, not on the main map page, even when I turn them on. And the ON state doesn't seem to be sticky - I have to enable it on every flight. I never see tail numbers on my map page even when zoomed in - maybe that is another setting, though - I guess I should look for that!
Roanoke, VA (KROA)
Boatguy
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Russ
Aircraft Type: DA62
Aircraft Registration: N962M
Airports: KSTS

Post by Boatguy »

As Rick says, on the Traffic map page you need to press the "Flight ID" button which toggles the tail numbers on/off.