Diamond Canada Factory Video

The ramblings of our community of aviators.

Moderators: Rick, Lance Murray

CFIDave
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Dave
Aircraft Type: OTHER
Aircraft Registration: N333GX
Airports: KJYO Leesburg VA

Diamond Canada Factory Video

Post by CFIDave »

There's a brand new 14-minute video posted yesterday, narrated by Paul Bertorelli of AVWeb/Aviation Consumer magazine fame, that shows how Diamond DA40s and DA62s are produced in the London, Ontario factory in Canada:

Having toured the factory many times myself, I can say this video does a great job of replicating the factory tour -- but with the addition of a terrific animation showing the composite layup process to create a DA40/DA62 wing.

One of the perhaps surprising things evident in this video is that after years of Diamond only producing diesel DA40NGs, Lycoming IO-360 avgas DA40s appear to be back in production! -- you can tell by serial numbers on wings and tails evident in the video (NGs produced in Canada are all 40.NCXXX, Lycoming DA40s are simply 40.XXXX). However Diamond has needed to get the G1000 NXi version of the Lycoming DA40 certified and approved by Transport Canada before any of these new aircraft can be sold to customers.

Enjoy...
Epic Aircraft E1000 GX
Former DA40XLS, DA42-VI, and DA62 owner
ATP, CFI, CFI-I, MEI
Don
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Don
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: N623DS
Airports: KTOA

Re: Diamond Canada Factory Video

Post by Don »

Thanks for posting. I have also toured the factory but still learned a few new things from the video. The video was very well done.
Diamond Star XLS, N623DS, SN40.1076