IFR Oakland PilotsNPaws with Levi (Full ATC)

The ramblings of our community of aviators.

Moderators: Rick, Lance Murray

waynemcc999
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Wayne
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: N211WP
Airports: KSBA

IFR Oakland PilotsNPaws with Levi (Full ATC)

Post by waynemcc999 »

On this flight to the smoky Bay Area, Levi captains his first PilotsNPaws transport. We’re taking three lovely senior dogs Mandy, Ketchup & Mustard as they seek a second chance at life arranged by Muttville, a great rescue group.
Wayne, GeezerGeek Pilot
Wayne McClelland
PPL/IR, 2008 Diamond Star DA40-XLS 40.922, KSBA
Photo logs of PilotsNPaws | Flying Doctors | Angel Flight | YouTube @GeezerGeekPilot
Tom-B
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Tom
Aircraft Registration: N427CQ
Airports: KLOM

Re: IFR Oakland PilotsNPaws with Levi (Full ATC)

Post by Tom-B »

Wayne. Another great video. As a pilot, I really enjoy listening to you and Levi work the fundamentals of this and other IFR flights. But, I would also like to see a little more on your, preparing the plane, handling of the puppies, And working with the volunteers. These details might help me better prepare to fly for pilots for paws missions. I hate to suggest anything as I always enjoy your videos. I am just a pushover for dogs.
waynemcc999
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member

Post by waynemcc999 »

Tom-B wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:49 pm Wayne. Another great video. As a pilot, I really enjoy listening to you and Levi work the fundamentals of this and other IFR flights. But, I would also like to see a little more on your, preparing the plane, handling of the puppies, And working with the volunteers. These details might help me better prepare to fly for pilots for paws missions. I hate to suggest anything as I always enjoy your videos. I am just a pushover for dogs.
Tom, your suggestions are absolutely welcome! I'll make a point to add these points in future videos. In the meantime, here's a short set of tips on PilotsNPaws: https://bit.ly/wam-pnp-tips

Thanks for watching and for the solid constructive input.
Wayne
Wayne McClelland
Photo logs of PilotsNPaws | Flying Doctors | Angel Flight | YouTube @GeezerGeekPilot
arksat
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Tosh
Aircraft Registration: N00000
Airports: KHWD

Post by arksat »

Great video, Wayne. This makes me feel interested in the volunteer flight. I love animals.
Are small puppies ok with the airplane noises for 2-3 hrs? Are they stay calm during the flight without somebody's attention?
I'm just curious.
waynemcc999
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member

Post by waynemcc999 »

arksat wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:12 pm Great video, Wayne. This makes me feel interested in the volunteer flight. I love animals.
Are small puppies ok with the airplane noises for 2-3 hrs? Are they stay calm during the flight without somebody's attention?
I'm just curious.
Tosh, thanks for watching... and considering volunteering to transport our lovely canine companions.
I've transported many small puppies, and Russ/boatguy and I have each transported super young cleft-palate puppies (think cup-size) without issue. If I'm flying with my wife, we'll let some or all of the puppies roam in the aircraft... but usually I have the dogs crated to minimize distractions. It's rare if they are not asleep before runup complete.
All the best,
Wayne
photo of little pups
Wayne McClelland
TwinStarScott
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Scott
Aircraft Type: DA42
Aircraft Registration: N189Y
Airports: WN53

Post by TwinStarScott »

Great picture!