Avionics Shop near KOWD – Norwood, MA

The ramblings of our community of aviators.

Moderators: Rick, Lance Murray

Colin
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Colin
Aircraft Type: DA42
Aircraft Registration: N972RD
Airports: KFHR

Avionics Shop near KOWD – Norwood, MA

Post by Colin »

I'm looking to get some cleanup work done on the intercom and audio wiring in the DA42. Does anyone have a shop they've used in the past five years that they like? I see NexAir is down in Plymouth. They look like they deal with some advanced stuff, but I can't tell if they are aimed at the jet market.
Colin Summers, PP Multi-Engine IFR, ~3,000hrs
colin@mightycheese.com * send email rather than PM
http://www.flyingsummers.com
N972RD DA42 G1000 2.0 s/n 42.AC100 (sold!)
N971RD DA40 G1000 s/n 40.508 (traded)
KTZ Pilot
1 Diamond Member
1 Diamond Member
First Name: Tim
Aircraft Type: OTHER
Aircraft Registration: NTBD
Airports: KONX KBCT

Re: Avionics Shop near KOWD – Norwood, MA

Post by KTZ Pilot »

I’ve had great experience with NexAir. Dave Fetherston is a legend in the Cirrus community for quality panel upgrades.
michael.g.miller
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Mike
Aircraft Type: OTHER
Airports:

Post by michael.g.miller »

NexAir does a ton of Cirrus work. Don’t have any idea on their Diamond experience specifically but they are definitely well versed in light GA. Their only downside is they can get busy. If you can get on their schedule and it lines up with your dates, I wouldn’t hesitate to have them work on your bird.
danno2000
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Dan
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: N270DS
Airports: KAQW

Post by danno2000 »

Colin wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:28 pm I'm looking to get some cleanup work done on the intercom and audio wiring in the DA42. Does anyone have a shop they've used in the past five years that they like? I see NexAir is down in Plymouth. They look like they deal with some advanced stuff, but I can't tell if they are aimed at the jet market.
I had some work done at Shoreline Aviation at Marshfield and Ed Novak there suggested Dave at NexAir since my 24-month inspections were coming up. I got the sense NexAir does a decent amount of work with Diamonds, although I ended up going with a place closer to home.

Scheduling for upgrades seems to be crazy everywhere. I looked into a G5/GI275 upgrade for my attitude indicator and Green Mountain Avionics in Middlebury, VT had several months' wait. Seems like all the old steam-gaugers like me are finally starting to go glass.

best,
dan
MackAttack
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Joel
Aircraft Type: DA62
Aircraft Registration: N251JM
Airports: KIWS

Post by MackAttack »

+1 for NexAir. Dave and his team did a full Avidyne upgrade for my 2007 SR 22 TN, and did a terrific job. They also do more than avionics. Very honest, reputable and work on a broad variety of aircraft - pistons, turbines, jets. I don’t know if they have experience on Diamonds but just call them - super nice people and they will be straight with you. I liked them enough to have them do the upgrade on my aircraft (which was in Long Island when I bought it), that I had it ferried up to Plymouth then flew to Massachusetts to pick it up and fly it home (with my CFI for the Embark training on the way). That shop is well regarded in a lot of the owner groups, but as you would expect, they are busy and they might not have a slot immediately open.

Good luck and let us know what you decide to do!