Photo gallery?

A place for you to give us feedback on the site, what's working well, and what other features you'd like to see

Moderators: Rick, Lance Murray

Aart
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Aart
Aircraft Type: DA42
Airports:

uploading pics

Post by Aart »

Pardon my ignorance and maybe I am giving up too quickly but I don't see a button where I can upload photos and where do I make a signature?
Aart
DA42.332 PH-CCD LESB (Palma de Mallorca, Spain)
admin
Site Admin
First Name: admin
Aircraft Type: DA40
Airports:

Re: uploading pics

Post by admin »

I agree that it is not obvious at the first glance and I will have to find a way to make it easier to find. Jean had the same problem and I answered in another thread:

Quite simple: click on [GALLERY] in the upper menu bar, then on any of the albums you would like to add the photos.

Then click on the huge button [Image Upload] and give the picture(s) you wish to upload a name or description. Underneath is a box where you can enter the path to upload.
Gary
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Gary
Aircraft Registration: N286DS
Airports: KSAW

Post by Gary »

Is it possible to attach a photo to a post without first having to add it to the gallery?
Gary
admin
Site Admin
First Name: admin
Airports:

Post by admin »

Yes, you can. Underneath the box where you write your reply or post, you will see that you can upload attachments. Just add the picture as an attachment et voilá!
Attachments
Ditched Diamond DA40 TDI.jpeg
Ditched Diamond DA40 TDI.jpeg (34.52 KiB) Viewed 3153 times
Gary
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Gary
Aircraft Registration: N286DS
Airports: KSAW

Re: Photo gallery?

Post by Gary »

Would it be possible to have sub folders in the gallery? My photos of the innards of a DA40 do not seem to mix well with the very aesthetic photos you posted of Monument Valley in the DA40 gallery. Should we just create a few new gallery categories? I am sorry if I am getting a little too obsessive compulsive about this.
Gary
Kai
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Kai
Aircraft Type: DA40F
Aircraft Registration: XXXX
Airports: VTCY

Post by Kai »

Gary wrote:Would it be possible to have sub folders in the gallery? My photos of the innards of a DA40 do not seem to mix well with the very aesthetic photos you posted of Monument Valley in the DA40 gallery. Should we just create a few new gallery categories? I am sorry if I am getting a little too obsessive compulsive about this.
Gary
Gary, it is great that you are posting many of your very interesting pix. Where in the world will you find a picture of a powerflow exhaust pipe if not on the Diamond Aviators Lounge? No kidding: but the information on such things is very little, a picture says more than a thousand words and it will complement our forum.

Also, it is o.k. that they are a bit random. In the future we will have to vote on them and if the Users think a Powerflow Exhaust is sexier than a slow pass through the chimneys of Monument Valley, their votes will eventually reflect it and the random gallery will prefer the pix with higher votes. Also the gallery is searchable and we will be able to search for "powerflow" or whatever else the user wishes to see.

No need to worry about it now, I think.
DA40F - N405FP/HS-KAI (sold)
Aart
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Aart
Aircraft Type: DA42
Airports:

Post by Aart »

Chris wrote:It looks like avatars are working now, thanks!
I am probably the typical 'less proficient' person when it comes to PC's and Internet. How did you manage to upload an Avatar Chris?
Aart
DA42.332 PH-CCD LESB (Palma de Mallorca, Spain)
Chris
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Chris
Aircraft Type: DA42NG
Aircraft Registration: N449TS
Airports: KHIO

Post by Chris »

ajh wrote:I am probably the typical 'less proficient' person when it comes to PC's and Internet. How did you manage to upload an Avatar Chris?
Under the "Quick Links" menu, select "User Control Panel".

Then select "Profile" and "Edit avatar" on the left hand side and you should be able to upload an image. It looks like there is a 90x90 pixel display size limit and a 6KB file size limit.
Chris
N449TS / DA42-NG / 42.AC049
KHIO