DiamondAviators.com/Reports ONLINE

A place for you to give us feedback on the site, what's working well, and what other features you'd like to see

Moderators: Rick, Lance Murray

admin
Site Admin
First Name: admin
Aircraft Type: DA40
Airports:

DiamondAviators.com/Reports ONLINE

Post by admin »

Hello,

you might have seen the new menu item "REPORTS" in the upper navigation bar. It links to a new feature on DAN (diamondaviators.com/reports): you can upload your G1000 logfiles and depict them in google maps, display all engine parameters, fuel flows, speeds, etc...

Again, and as always: please comment on it, bring in your ideas, suggestions and any question that may arise and we will try to improve it.

For right now, we are still in the beta-testing stage and in the next few days you might see some changes on how the page is displayed.

Enjoy!
Attachments
reportsscreenshot.jpg
reportsscreenshot.jpg (120.15 KiB) Viewed 3942 times
Rick
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Rick
Aircraft Registration: NONE
Airports: KROA

Re: DiamondAviators.com/Reports ONLINE

Post by Rick »

Kai,

This is a very VERY awesome feature! Thank you for putting the time and effort into developing this.

Since it is still in beta test, I assume you want some feedback. I noticed just a couple of things:

1) OAT says it's in deg F, but the scale is obviously in deg C. My preference would be F like all the other temps, but I'm sure that will start a debate, and the internal data is in deg C. Either way, it should be as advertised.

2) The vertical scroll bar is missing from the report window, for some reason (IE8). The graph and map clearly extend off the bottom of my window, but there is no scroll bar. I can drag the bottom of the window down, making it larger, but I can't scroll the window contents. Very strange.

3) In the table of flights, a column for the destination would be nice (or SRC-DST). You could probably leave out the UTC offset, since the time is already given in local time, but I think as this list begins to grow, it might be easier to pick out a flight by SRC-DST rather then by date.

Things to think about for the Future:
- ability to graph more than one parameter at a time
- ability to do analysis across flights (probably just "my" flights) to look for trends over time

I have some ideas on these two topics we can discuss later to maybe simplify the development some. I am also willing to help out with this project in any way I can.

Fantastic job, Kai!
Roanoke, VA (KROA)
Kai
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Kai
Aircraft Type: DA40F
Aircraft Registration: XXXX
Airports: VTCY

Post by Kai »

Rick wrote:Kai,

This is a very VERY awesome feature! Thank you for putting the time and effort into developing this.

Since it is still in beta test, I assume you want some feedback.
Yes, please.
Rick wrote: I noticed just a couple of things:

1) OAT says it's in deg F, but the scale is obviously in deg C. My preference would be F like all the other temps, but I'm sure that will start a debate, and the internal data is in deg C. Either way, it should be as advertised.

2) The vertical scroll bar is missing from the report window, for some reason (IE8). The graph and map clearly extend off the bottom of my window, but there is no scroll bar. I can drag the bottom of the window down, making it larger, but I can't scroll the window contents. Very strange.

3) In the table of flights, a column for the destination would be nice (or SRC-DST). You could probably leave out the UTC offset, since the time is already given in local time, but I think as this list begins to grow, it might be easier to pick out a flight by SRC-DST rather then by date.
Thank you very much, we will have these issues sorted out by tomorrow.
Rick wrote:Things to think about for the Future:
- ability to graph more than one parameter at a time
- ability to do analysis across flights (probably just "my" flights) to look for trends over time
Especially the ability to graph more than one parameter at a time is a feature I badly want, but it is more complicated as we have to find a way of relating two or more parameters which are different units.

The cross-flight analysis is also interesting, but given the different profile of each flight (alt., leaning of the engine, etc.), it will be very difficult to gain insight from the compared data. The idea though is quite good, but we should keep it for the future once we see how people make use of the reports-page.
Rick wrote:I have some ideas on these two topics we can discuss later to maybe simplify the development some. I am also willing to help out with this project in any way I can.
I am all ears....
Rick wrote:Fantastic job, Kai!
Thanks, Rick, I will have to pass the commendations on to my very talented coder. My own input here was very little.
DA40F - N405FP/HS-KAI (sold)
Tim
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Tim
Aircraft Registration: N395JP

Post by Tim »

Hmm... some of these seem strangely familiar!
I especially enjoyed reviewing my flight to CYTZ (Toronto City Center) when I got really good fuel flow and decent airspeed at 13 000.
Private pilot & IR
N395JP
DA40.410
Rick
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member

Post by Rick »

tburling wrote:Hmm... some of these seem strangely familiar!
I especially enjoyed reviewing my flight to CYTZ (Toronto City Center) when I got really good fuel flow and decent airspeed at 13 000.
Tim,

When Kai asked for some sample files to work with, I picked several different sizes from the list of files on my PC. I've got all of them - yours and mine - from the day we did the G1000 upgrade, if you want more to look at (or upload).
Roanoke, VA (KROA)
Tim
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member

Post by Tim »

I'd really like to see the ERI-ROA one from a few weeks ago.
Ain't this cool?!
Private pilot & IR
N395JP
DA40.410
Kai
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Kai
Aircraft Type: DA40F
Aircraft Registration: XXXX
Airports: VTCY

Post by Kai »

tburling wrote:I'd really like to see the ERI-ROA one from a few weeks ago.
Ain't this cool?!
A miserly 7 g/h cruising 125-130 kts TAS. That is very nice.

Tim, I wasn't aware that you have produced these files. Thanks for sharing. :oops: If you want any of them deleted, just let me know.

In the next days we will be working on the privacy settings for the feature so every user will have to decide on how much or little of information he/she wants to share.
DA40F - N405FP/HS-KAI (sold)
Tim
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member

Post by Tim »

No problem at all. Publish away!
Even the one when I left my pitot cover on and went straight around and landed without A/S or alt.

;)

See if you can spot it...
Private pilot & IR
N395JP
DA40.410
Rick
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member

Post by Rick »

Kai, I see you have already addressed the items I posted just a few hours ago! You provide MUCH better support then ANY other software product I've ever used - and for a much better price! How can you do this???? I am very impressed.
tburling wrote:I'd really like to see the ERI-ROA one from a few weeks ago.
Ain't this cool?!
Tim, I just posted your ERI-ROA trip.
Kai wrote:Tim, I wasn't aware that you have produced these files. Thanks for sharing. If you want any of them deleted, just let me know.
Kai, sorry I didn't give you a heads up. I just grabbed some (random) files from my collection, not knowing if they were mine or Tim's. I didn't realize at the time you were going to post them. My fault, and apologies to both you and Tim!
Roanoke, VA (KROA)
Rick
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member

Post by Rick »

Tim, looks like we cross-posted. Glad you're not upset about me giving away your files! :oops: Especially since it looks like I choose mostly YOUR flights to send to Kai in my "random" selection!

Kai, if you should want to correct the user names for the existing flights, they all belong to Tim, except for #2 and #8, which are mine (#2 was from KHTS to KROA). And the other 3 flights (1, 5 and 6) should probably be deleted - they look like they were just test uploads of empty files.
Roanoke, VA (KROA)