donations

A place for you to give us feedback on the site, what's working well, and what other features you'd like to see

Moderators: Rick, Lance Murray

Fred
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Fred
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: N867DS
Airports: KMMK

donations

Post by Fred »

Kai and others have done a good job pulling the site together. I know it is a free site but I'd like to see a Paypal option to make a donation to help offset some of the operational costs. I presume the concern is having a pay site and all the BS that goes along with collecting money and reporting "profits" if the fees were required.

I would like to help, and a donation veichle allows those wishing to help out do so.

Regards,
Fred :)
Fred F.
Home Airport: KMMK
ASEL IFR
DA40 XLS, Various other Pistons
johnu
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: johnu
Aircraft Registration: N913JD
Airports: KAEG

Re: donations

Post by johnu »

I think this is a good idea. I am new to the site and it is very useful count me in as one to make a donation to keep this going and improve it.
Gary
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Gary
Aircraft Registration: N286DS
Airports: KSAW

Post by Gary »

The most important contribution that you can make is to add content by asking pertinent questions and sharing your aviation related experiences. Kai has incurred all of the expense of setting up this site and will decide on the need for donations.
Gary
Kai
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Kai
Aircraft Type: DA40F
Aircraft Registration: XXXX
Airports: VTCY

Post by Kai »

Thank you very much! It is very nice to see that you like the site. :)

As Gary said, for right now our biggest worry is content. We have a lot of guests reading, many registrations recently but it takes people to start a thread, to actually post their Diamond related questions and ideas.

So content-donations in form of your participation would be the biggest gift and it is something which money can't buy.

On the other hand there are people who prefer to read only or use the reports-feature only but would still like to participate with a donation. We will think of a way on how to add a donation button, but also a page where it shows what will happen with possible donations and fulfill the transparency requirements I have asked for in vain with the DAA.

I would suggest to use it for third party providers only, such as Google Adwords, mailing companies, or maybe the coder who has spent more time on this project due to the reports-feature which we are constantly trying to improve.
DA40F - N405FP/HS-KAI (sold)
johnu
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: johnu
Aircraft Registration: N913JD
Airports: KAEG

Post by johnu »

Ok, just trying to be supportive.........
Kai
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Kai
Aircraft Type: DA40F
Aircraft Registration: XXXX
Airports: VTCY

Post by Kai »

johnu wrote:Ok, just trying to be supportive.........
Yes, thank you very much. Maybe it didn't come over well enough that your idea is great and we are working on a Paypal button already. :thumbsup:
DA40F - N405FP/HS-KAI (sold)