Registration, first name, Avatars

A place for you to give us feedback on the site, what's working well, and what other features you'd like to see

Moderators: Rick, Lance Murray

admin
Site Admin
First Name: admin
Aircraft Type: DA40
Airports:

Registration, first name, Avatars

Post by admin »

On our young forum the number of members is steadily growing and we had to adapt our registration system. Users can now register with any login name but have to give their first name as a registration requirement. This way we hope to ensure privacy yet to make it possible to shake hands and greet fellow pilots we met here adequately in real life.

Also, we added a security question for new registrations. The answer is easy to guess for every Diamond pilot and we have reduced bogus registrations to zero. (Captchas were broken too easily)

For the existing users there are only very small changes: you will now see a small field "first name" in the profile information left of your post.

Also, our forum supports the upload of avatars. Unfortunately, it wasn´t very popular feature and The max size of avatars is still 100 x 100 pixels and max size to 50 kb hoping to make it easier to upload your own avatar. (QUICK LINKS / Edit Options / Profile / Edit Avatar) Please, if you have a problem to upload your avatar, send it to me and I will gladly work it in.

As always, I am all ears if you have any ideas on how to improve the forum.