Sincere thanks for G1000 Log Data Graphs & Export Utilities

A place for you to give us feedback on the site, what's working well, and what other features you'd like to see

Moderators: Rick, Lance Murray

PapaSierra
2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member
First Name: Paul
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: N14PS
Airports: KSUA

Sincere thanks for G1000 Log Data Graphs & Export Utilities

Post by PapaSierra »

Hi Kai,

I just donated $50 to your site via PayPal. That brings me up to $125 since May.

I did this because for the first time I pulled the logging data card from my G1000 (which I didn't know could do this without the readings I'd completed on your site) and uploaded to DAN. Then, for the first time, used the REPORTS page and saw my flights listed - cool. I thought the data listed in the table of ALL FLIGHTS was very nice, but when I clicked on the log entry number DAN assigns to my upload - OMG!

Being able to pick two data elements to compare and the visual connection to the point in the flight via the map was just incredible.

BUT, when I clicked on 3D View and Cockpit views and that automatically downloaded a Google compatible file and I simply double-clicked on those to see my flight in action in Google Earth (Cockpit view) - well, I haven't been blown away by many things technical, but this was an elegant masterpiece of getting data from the plane back into my hands in a most useful way.

Heck, I have a GoPro video of the flight (at least until my battery and memory card exhausted) - now I'm wondering if I can somehow produce a video which has all these elements in the video (without being confusing)...

Anyway - the $50 was the least I could do to thank you for an excellent journey into the "Data in my Diamond". Worth every penny! :)

Best wishes for the continued success of DAN! :)
Paul Papa Sierra Shirley
N14PS 2010 DA40.1100
WAAS, TAWS-B, SVT, Jepp ChartView, SafeTaxi,
GFC700 w/VNAV, GTX33 Mode S, & Avidyne TAS600 Active Traffic