3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Arthur
Aircraft Type: DA20-C1
Aircraft Registration: GIIM
Airports: CYKA

New DA-20 Owner - My Introduction!

Post by thefoxx »

Greetings all!
I have been a lurker here for a few years, but only recently as (finally!) a 2001 DA-20 owner!

Purchased C-GIIM in Ontario, Canada in May 2016 and flew it across Canada to it's new home in Kamloops, British Columbia (about 3.5hrs drive north of Vancouver, BC). She's out of the flight training life and into a more relaxed pace life now.

So far, I have managed to put about 51 hours on her, and enjoyed every single hour! This is my first aircraft purchase, and for my mission (pleasure flights generally solo or with a single pax) - this fits the bill just perfect!

Just thought I'd introduce myself as an AVID Diamond owner!

Chromer
2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member
First Name: Daryl
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: CGPDN
Airports: CYLW

Re: New DA-20 Owner - My Introduction!

Post by Chromer »

Welcome to the forum. I took my training in Kamloops on a DA20 years ago. You will love flying in the valley. Kamloops is a beautiful place to fly. Have a great time.

Daryl
thefoxx
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Arthur
Aircraft Type: DA20-C1
Aircraft Registration: GIIM
Airports: CYKA

Re: New DA-20 Owner - My Introduction!

Post by thefoxx »

Hey Darryl,
Thanks for the welcome!
Your training must have been at Flight Discovery? That's where I got my license as well - I also worked at the desk as a dispatcher!

I see you are the one in Kelowna with a DA40! It must have been your DA40 that I have spotted at YLW the many times that I have I spied through the fence with gleams in my eye before I bought my bird! Seems not a lot of us Diamond owners outside of the flight schools in the Lower Mainland!

I'd love to check GPDN out sometime - I think that would be a next step up for me at some point in the future!

Yes - after flying through Ontario, and the Prairies (which certainly have their own unique type of beauty) - I sure appreciate the terrain and beauty in our area of BC!