4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Brock
Aircraft Type: OTHER
Aircraft Registration: N8QQ
Airports: W52

Re: ForcedAeroMotive: SuperCharged DA40

Post by BRS »

Yes, I guess it's about time for an update. Thanks for asking Lou. We continue to step forward with determination. Though progress is painfully slow. I hope we get some sort of award for persistence in what must be the slowest STC application in history.

Here is the latest from Rod.
Hello everyone,

The Flight Manual Supplement gets approved by the ACO's flight department. All the personnel in the flight department in this case are new and apparently new to the FAA in general and the STC process in particular. We actually had some pretty good chuckles over some of the comments. I finally copied our FAA Project Manager on the email exchange and much of it went away.

One thing that didn't go away is the request that we put the whole thing in a different format than what we have used for many years. There is no new information involved, just moving the existing information around to a different spot. We have actually seen a lot of this lately. People within the FAA complain about it too.

So we are at our third or fourth stab at getting the format of the AFMS acceptable to the powers in charge. I know I always say something like this: we should have this piece resolved this month.

Rod
40.649 Sold (Still miss the DA40 from time to time)
Fly and EAB Sportsman
BRS
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member

UPDATE: ForcedAeroMotive: SuperCharged DA40

Post by BRS »

Not just your average update. This one almost gets me a bit excited, but I've learned to to be carried away with my emotions. Latest from Rod...
Hello everyone,

I turned in all the remaining data yesterday. This included the "final" document, the Compliance Report, which is a summary documentation of how we did everything we said we would do and references to the to the substantiating documents.

Since my last update the Flight Manual Supplement has been approved and the FAA says it is only waiting for the STC number to be assigned.

The response to my submittal of the data was an "out of the office' email from our project manager. He will be back late next week. I will let everyone know when I hear from him.

Rod

Fly and EAB Sportsman
BRS
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member

UPDATE: SuperCharged DA40

Post by BRS »

The FAA now has all the required documents and reports. We are looking forward to the fruit of our work and patience.
Here is what Rod has to say...
Hello everyone,

I am just waiting to hear from the FAA. I expect I will get an email
saying "here is your STC" or someone new in the ACO will start looking
for a reason not to close this project. You never know.

If I don't hear anything as we get closer to Thanksgiving I will inquire
as to the status of the project.

Rod
Fly and EAB Sportsman
Kai
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Kai
Aircraft Type: DA40F
Aircraft Registration: XXXX
Airports: VTCY

Post by Kai »

Thanks for the Update, Brock! After 7.5 years things are finally coming to an end. I am happy to see that it was possible to achieve it.
DA40F - N405FP/HS-KAI (sold)
Rick
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Rick
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: NONE
Airports: KROA

Post by Rick »

And just in time for Christmas! Hopefully... So how many of us will have shiny new superchargers under our tree this year? :D

This is great news, Brock. I'm so glad to see it is finally becoming a reality after so long.
Roanoke, VA (KROA)
BRS
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member

Post by BRS »

Rick wrote:And just in time for Christmas! Hopefully... So how many of us will have shiny new superchargers under our tree this year?
Well, probably not many. If the FAA doesn't act this week, history shows that they generally "check-out" from Thanksgiving through the middle of January. In any case, once the STC is issued it will take a bit to get ramped-up for for sales. FAT has learned a thing or two, from experimental installs, since the design was "fixed" so it would be nice to include any changes before selling kits. We'll see.
Fly and EAB Sportsman
trepine
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Gilman
Aircraft Registration: N820AM
Airports: KSDL

Post by trepine »

I was very interested in this, but the costs have spiraled out of control. I called a couple years back and was told it would be $20K. Called the other day and now it’s $30K. Id drop 20 on this in a hear beat, no though necessary. However $30 has me thinking again.

I don’t blame forced aeromotive for raising the price, this took much longer than anticipated. But at the same time the component costs are negligible, and I have to wonder if they will get 150% of the sales to make up the difference in raising the price. Id guess there are many others like me, who would have otherwise bought it, that will lose interest at that price.
TodWulff
1 Diamond Member
1 Diamond Member
First Name: Tod
Aircraft Registration: N252AX
Airports: KMQY

Post by TodWulff »

:scream: 'MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!' :scream:
Ian Sage
2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member
First Name: Ian
Airports: KAPA

Post by Ian Sage »

Merry Christmas indeed. I couldn't think of a better gift.
Ian Sage
2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member
First Name: Ian
Airports: KAPA

Post by Ian Sage »

Ian Sage wrote:Merry Christmas indeed. I couldn't think of a better gift.
Apologies for the cryptic, hastily typed message earlier. After a long and frustrating process that is partially chronicled in this thread I am happy to announce that the day we have been waiting for has finally arrived. Last night we received the STC for the DA-40 supercharger system! For us at F.A.T. this is the best Christmas gift we could have received, made all the better by getting to share the news with all of you. Thank you all for your patience and encouragement. You certainly helped us stay positive when frustrations were at their peak.

Ian Sage
Forced Aeromotive Technologies

Moderator note: This vendor post was approved as being directly relevant to this thread. Please ensure that any follow-on discussions do not violate the forum guidelines against commercial use.