5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Steve
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: N432SC
Airports: 1T7

Re: High Fuel pressure red warning light

Post by Steve »

Rich wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:48 pm
smoss wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:38 pm Has anyone here replaced the fuel or oil pressure transducer? I am wondering if it is a Diamond specific part, or a generic Lycoming or Garmin part. Thanks for any input.
Offhand I believe there are two of each of these. One to feed the engine instrumentation and one that triggers a warning. The latter are probably generic simple switches. The part numbers for the latter can be gleaned from the IPC.
Rich is correct. On Lycoming variants, there is a fuel pressure transducer and a low fuel pressure switch T'd into the RSA fuel injection unit at the front of the engine. The instrumentation sensor for oil pressure (at least for the VM-1000) is affixed to the right side of the engine mount, and connected to the engine with an armored hose. The Caution/Warning oil pressure switch (which also operates the Hobbs meter relay) is mounted on the top rear portion of the engine on the right side. There is an RSB for replacement of this switch:

http://support.diamond-air.at/fileadmin ... switch.pdf

due to the original type apparently developing leaks. Mine looks OK, but I did order the new part...

Steve
smoss
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Steve
Aircraft Type: DA40
Airports: KVGT

Post by smoss »

For several flights, upon turning on my master, my fuel pressure was pegged at the high end of the scale. It would drop down back to normal as soon as I fired up the engine, or slowly all by itself. Upon reviewing my data logs, for a month or so, the first several fields would be blank, followed by the initial high readings. This was different compared to the past, where the first several fields were always zeros. I can happily report that after unplugging the fuel pressure transducer and spraying a little electrical contact cleaner on the connectors, all appears to be good again, at least the first time I turned on the master and the pressure showed correctly at 0, with the data card fields showing zeros as well.
Steve
DA40 XL
austropilot
2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member
First Name: Patrick
Aircraft Type: DA40NG
Aircraft Registration: tba
Airports: LOWG KLAX

Post by austropilot »

Some older G1000 apparently do not log data.
You can check by inserting an SD Card into the MFD top right sd card slot, then going to AUX page - utility. On the bottom right it will say something like DATA LOGGING.

If anybody wants to analyze DA40/42/62 logs feel free to message me and you can get your data analyzed and visualized like this (example screenshots attached).
Attachments
DA40/42/62 Data Analysis Software 1
DA40/42/62 Data Analysis Software 1
DA40/42/62 Data Analysis Software 2
DA40/42/62 Data Analysis Software 2
Davestation
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: David
Aircraft Type: D-JET
Aircraft Registration: NDJET
Airports: KFTW

Post by Davestation »

I’ve never heard of fuel pressure actually being too high. It was a sad day when they even added that blasted gauge to the software.

The datalogger is at least as old as the .22 software, just make sure your card isn’t too big, those can only handle 4GB iirc.

I have come across a lot of frayed and loose wires inside the connector for it, causing this intermittently. It seems that they way it is stuffed up behind the alternator causes extra vibration or even bumping during maintenance because the oil pressure sensor never seems to have this issue as it’s mounted out of the way near the firewall. The wires are soldered in, sometimes poorly.