5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Colin
Aircraft Type: DA42
Aircraft Registration: N972RD
Airports: KFHR

Factory Work

Post by Colin »

Has anyone had work done on their plane in London, Ontario?

I need to replace the canopy. While that is happening I would sort of like them to do the wing spar AD and replace the stickers (it's been ten years).

Does someone have a current contact up there? And know if they hate having to work on an owner's plane or if they think it's a fine thing for a couple workers to do for a few days?

Thanks,
Colin Summers, PP Multi-Engine IFR, ~3,000hrs
colin@mightycheese.com * send email rather than PM
http://www.flyingsummers.com
N972RD DA42 G1000 2.0 s/n 42.AC100 (sold!)
N971RD DA40 G1000 s/n 40.508 (traded)
Wasco
2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member
First Name: Ormand
Aircraft Type: DA40
Airports:

Re: Factory Work

Post by Wasco »

I had a heavily damaged rear door that was refurbished by Xu Aviation at London, Ontario this past summer. The lead time at Diamond was 6-8 weeks and they recommended Xu Aviation which is a Diamond Service center. Work was 2-3 weeks and the door looked like new when it was finished.

Ormand
JimP
2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member
First Name: Jim
Aircraft Registration: N239DS
Airports: KANE

Post by JimP »

I was going to do my annual, prop rebuild and a few other things along with the wing spar there in December. I worked with Adriaan (Ed) Hollestelle (ahollestelle@diamondair.com) to get an estimate. It sounded like they regularly work directly with owners. He was very helpful but with the prop, the timing didn't work. I am nearing 1000 hours and I was thinking there were some items that needed a 1000 hour inspection. When I sort that our, I hope to take it to the factory for that and have them do the wing spar at that time.
Jim
2007 DA40
Charbie
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Charbel
Aircraft Registration: GLXL
Airports: CZBA

Post by Charbie »

Colin, XU does a lot of work on composites and repaired my rudder for the previous owner when it was damaged during an annual. Excellent workmanship. It's a 30 minute flight from my home airport. Let me know if you need anything local while you're here.
2007 DA40 XL , CZBA, Burlington, Ontario, Canada
CFIDave
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Dave
Aircraft Type: OTHER
Aircraft Registration: N333GX
Airports: KJYO Leesburg VA

Post by CFIDave »

Colin wrote:Does someone have a current contact up there?
Use custsupp@diamondair.com for your request. You'll probably hear back within 24 hours unless it's a Canadian holiday.

Diamond Canada has a maintenance and repair shop that (for regulatory reasons) is a totally separate organization from their new aircraft manufacturing, even if they operate side-by-side in the same building. They not only provide warranty work for new aircraft (I've used them), equipment installation and modifications, they can also provide more routine services such as annual inspections for Diamond aircraft.
Epic Aircraft E1000 GX
Former DA40XLS, DA42-VI, and DA62 owner
ATP, CFI, CFI-I, MEI