5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Kai
Aircraft Type: DA40F
Aircraft Registration: XXXX
Airports: VTCY

Re: Diamond contact in London

Post by Kai »

Enrick, I am not sure if it is too late, but maybe you can post some pictures of your visit?
DA40F - N405FP/HS-KAI (sold)
Enrouk
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Enrick
Aircraft Type: DA20
Aircraft Registration: C-GBUV
Airports: CYOW

Post by Enrouk »

Last edited by Enrouk on Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Enrouk
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member

Post by Enrouk »

We cant take picture inside the factory, for security reason, but here a few one i take here, i can tell you a few line about this flying day, burn in my memory for ever...

i will call it, My Perfect moment...

Im a very low time pilot, 55 h, student pilot, just dont finish it yet because im very busy, but the moment will came very soon, i alway fly with my partner Roger, a rusty private pilot with 300h, in 30 year,
im a very technical guy, i got something like 2000 in simulator in the last 15 year, semi-profesional and profesional simulator event military sim....

i fly alway local, 45 min to 1.5 h max... so brand new kind of aircraft, i got 15 hour in the last 2 month on it with instructor, not a lot of aircraft movement here,

i make a week of planning to be ready for this flight, i double check everything woth my flight instructor... and up we go, early morning, so happy to saw this nice and cold wheater, 15 C, the airport is 1 hours from my house, flight plan deposit, last wheater check, adn take off,

short after take off, lot of low to medium cloud came on 5/8, so we climb to 10,000 feet to pass them adn we alway keep eye watching to see the ground in a lot of hole, after 45 min, sky clear, we get to Lachute airport, small and so busy uncontroled airport, i never see this... my friend pilot the plane, and i do all the nav stuff, comm, enigne setting, cockpit and auto pilot magement everything, but not flying really, my rusty pilot came a litle bit dissoriented and the entery of lachut airport due to heavy comms and sail plane and other private plane.... we make a small rookie mistake and i make great comm with other aircraft and we manage to enter safely in the patern, my rusty pilot make not is best landing, but, we will pratice again and again :lol:

wating fuel line for refuel... small brake and we took off perfectly, so near ottawa, i need to let my french behind, and start talk my bad english, but i manage to have realy good comm, at some point, better than in french...

so here my stress area.... TORONTO... i follow NDB in the North Ouest of Toronto and stay with radar control by the Toronto terminal, and give us a realy good hand, We pass on the side af a rain shower,

make a lot of cloud slalom to not get to low to have radar control, pass Wterloo sky clear, at the London Airport, the friendly voice of the tower guide us gently on the ground,, we parc the aircraft at Executive aviation, we fuel the aircraft adn put them on the bed..... we take a cold one at the Katana Cafe, we rent a car, the next day was the canada day, so everything was closed, but the diamond aircraft center was OPEN, so we ask for a multi-engine first flight on the Da-42, but, the aircraft was book for the days, but, they came with the simulator thay have.... so i get inside the cocpit of htis baby, 2 hours pass like this, we relax for the rest of the day,

next mornig, we take the aircraft to the long taxi way to the factory, where 2 guys was waiting for us, so we talk and we have been introduce to to reigt people, talk about the aircraft, Brent Eddington was the guy they introduce to herselft and make a awsome factory history, factory history, we saw everything in the factory, nice employe everywhere, nice team spirit, realy, after the factory tour, we got the bad news about a snag on my da-40. but, in a positive way, its one of the reason i came there for maintenance, they know the product very well, know where to look, so we manage a back up plan to let the aircraft there, and i talk to few people about buisnees and other thing, we came out happy and positive, and we saw the Da-42 we are looking for, they are on of your alberta member, they just finish the anual on it... and i have to said its now in the hand of my bank loan at this point,

After all this we get to and other airport adn we buy 3 other Da-20 for my project, they will ake anual on it adn i will probably send it to diamond aircraft to complete inspection after this i will send i few of my friend professional pilot the ferry flight this 3 aircraft to my airport where they will receive complete overall.....

so we log 5.9h of flight to get there, after the flight my body was so tired.......... i proud about my flight, all comm flight as been recorded, i i pass all my flight and comm in review to halp me to be better the next time and be more efficient.........

So my first real long contry flight, my first Diamond aircraft visit, simulator flight, purshase of 3 da-20 and the purchase of the da-42 is on the way....

so, i can just said wow and hihaaaaaaaa :D :-D :)
1660242_10153462586005395_5243012640336597305_n.jpg
IMG_7091.JPG
11221761_10153462586105395_384735146883502712_n.jpg
11947562_10153462586145395_1415054497968287439_n.jpg
11990661_10153464456725395_685938165955941615_n.jpg
12004140_10153465910970395_8374388239270216317_n.jpg
Last edited by Enrouk on Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Enrouk
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member

Post by Enrouk »

and the da-42 of Doug, we are working to buy them... raly nice bird,

we saw a brand nwe Da-42 that dasy on the factory, the pilot came directly from Australia un something 35 hours, with this big fuel tank in the back, wow again i said

so soon my da-40 will be ready, we will paln to get it back with the 3 other da-20 and the da-42 if my banks have the time to pass this......

my life is a story, im alive when im around aircraft, take care of them is my passion, when i fly, the earth stop turning,

in 2005 in an airshow, diamond sales representative was ther with a da-40, and i remeber to said, one day i will get it, and my wife take a picture of me inside them.... when i jump in my cockpit and i put the cockpit on, close the latch, i aleay this moment when i said in my head, i got it, now enjoy it.....

when you have a dream, work hard to make it happen, when you got it, just strat to do the other on you have..... adn now, im continue to work on my other Diamond dream project.... to be continued

i hope you will enjoy this pilot dream....

Enrick
IMG_7105.JPG
IMG_7105.JPG (15.8 KiB) Viewed 2073 times
IMG_2584.jpg
Thomas
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Thomas
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: D-ENMA 40.337
Airports: LSZC BUOCHS SWITZERLAND

Post by Thomas »

Trés bien Enrik,
I like your pilots dream
Thomas Bienz DA40-180 40.337 D-ENMA (sold 08/2022)
Home Airport LSZC Buochs Switzerland