3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Enrick
Aircraft Type: DA20
Aircraft Registration: C-GBUV
Airports: CYOW

Auto pilot unwanted action

Post by Enrouk »

I Guy,

i got ma-da40 back from diamond, they make complete g1000 software update, new nav data base and card version 5.12, flight chats, safe taxi version 2.65, sys software version 0321.22

on the ground i see a advisory message i never seen before FAILD PATH- a data path has faild.

in flight my autopilot work great and like this they start to mak a unwanted turn, in NAV mode following my flight plan vor, i switch to hdg mode and they not repond to my input.

daimond replace the PFD due to a hdg button problem.

diamond is working on the case, did you see a problem like this, before the software update everything was working propely
rwtucker
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Rob
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: N831BA
Airports: KFFZ KEUL

Re: Auto pilot unwanted action

Post by rwtucker »

It is most logical to suspect the last system change. In your case, that is a software update.

The update setup routine contains many user input options. A mistake in some of them could lead to what you are seeing. It could also be that one of the files did not unpack correctly during the software upgrade and is now corrupt. The validation routine the service center is required to perform would have detected this . . . assuming they took the time to perform it. If they did not, they should reinstall the upgrade at no additional expense to you. I have seen software installers skip the validation checks so long as they don't get an error message during the installation.

More generally, a failed data path can mean other things. When I have had them, there is an additional indication of what data path failed. When I accidentally "told" the set up program that my DA40 had the earlier version of the CO2 monitor, I got a "Failed Data Path -- CO2 Sensor" message on every boot up, even though nothing was wrong and the system performed perfectly. You can also get failed data path messages when sensors fail or become disconnected.
Enrouk
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member

Post by Enrouk »

ok, thanks i will make validation with diamond aircraft for the next step
rwtucker
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Rob
Aircraft Registration: N831BA
Airports: KFFZ KEUL

Post by rwtucker »

Also look to see if there is any other message with the data path fail error and if you can correlate it with a red 'X' on your AUX - System Status Page
RC7
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Ben
Aircraft Registration: TOO MANY TO LIST
Airports: KROA

Post by RC7 »

When you twisted the heading bug, was the bug on your PFD actually moving?

As a workaround while you wait on your new PFD, if you want to fly a heading, put the A/P in ROLL mode, use your CWS button and turn to the desired heading and then release the CWS. It should hold the heading for you. I had to do something similar recently on another type of airplane.. it was a pain in the ass, but it worked.
ATP, CFII, MEI
DA20, DA40, DA42, CL-65
CFIDave
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Dave
Aircraft Type: OTHER
Aircraft Registration: N333GX
Airports: KJYO Leesburg VA

Post by CFIDave »

As has been discussed many times on this forum, a "failed path" message on a G1000 aircraft is usually caused by minor corrosion of G1000 Line Replaceable Unit (LRU) connections.

For a DA40 or DA42, simply loosen the 4 Camloc screws for the access panel underneath your rear cargo compartment carpet, remove the panel to expose the G1000 rear equipment rack, loosen one screw for each of the LRUs, remove all the LRUs, spray electrical contact cleaner into the bottom of the now-empty equipment rack, and re-assemble.

This takes about 15 minutes and has a high likelihood of fixing a "failed path" error.
Epic Aircraft E1000 GX
Former DA40XLS, DA42-VI, and DA62 owner
ATP, CFI, CFI-I, MEI
Enrouk
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member

Post by Enrouk »

they replace the primary PFD due to the HDG knob, they turn corectly buton the screen the bug dont move, i have to take the MFD and take the knob from them in the past, now the hdg on eatch screen is working like they should...
David B
2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member
First Name: David
Aircraft Registration: C-GSPB
Airports: CNU4

Post by David B »

I too have had the "data path failure" error and fortunately my wise avionics shop knew to pull the units and re-set them. Problem gone....cost minimal.