5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Chris
Aircraft Type: DA42NG
Aircraft Registration: N449TS
Airports: KHIO

Re: Anyone Know N384CA

Post by Chris »

Antoine wrote:Colin I will gladly do if this is ok'ed by DAN moderators.
Rick wrote:I am certainly in favor of you posting your story. I don't see how it would violate any of the policies of this forum, and if it saves any other member from going through what you went through, it would be well worth it! At this point, I guess Chris has the final say, but I would go ahead and post your story (because I'm interested!) and then let the official moderators take it down if they think it doesn't belong here.

That's my vote!
As long as it's factual, conforms to the Forum Guidelines, and is useful to the readers of DAN, it should be fine to start a new thread for that.
Chris
N449TS / DA42-NG / 42.AC049
KHIO
Antoine
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Antoine
Aircraft Type: OTHER
Aircraft Registration: N121AG
Airports: LSGG

Post by Antoine »

Juan, why not have the sales agent send you the latest W&B document which should be in the aircraft documents at all times (Such a modification definitely requires re-weighing so they must have done it).
You will see the empty weight and the remaining useful load. You can then compare this to other aircraft with similar equipment / manufacturing date in the wiki section of this forum.
And while you are at it, you may want to ask for a copy of the fire test certificates as filed with the FAA. They should be in the airframe's records.
A Dopo
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Juan
Aircraft Type: DA40NG
Aircraft Registration: N195DA
Airports: KCEU

Post by A Dopo »

Antoine wrote:Juan, why not have the sales agent send you the latest W&B document which should be in the aircraft documents at all times (Such a modification definitely requires re-weighing so they must have done it).
You will see the empty weight and the remaining useful load. You can then compare this to other aircraft with similar equipment / manufacturing date in the wiki section of this forum.
And while you are at it, you may want to ask for a copy of the fire test certificates as filed with the FAA. They should be in the airframe's records.
Thanks, I was thiking of this, ergo the mention that it should be in the files. Sorry to hear about your issues, and love the thread on your Extra 400. Always has been a favorite cutting edge design.