3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Don
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: N418AM
Airports: 6D6

KaaP 140 Problem in Nav mode

Post by 40flyer »

Recently, after a pitch servo replacement, I noticed that when in Nav mode and sequencing through a waypoint, my KAP 140 starts to roll in the wrong direction then corrects to the new course. Has anyone else seen this problem and know what the cause is? I don’t think it has anything to do with the pitch servo replacement but perhaps when they retested the A/P system there may have been a calibration that caused it.
Kurt h
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Kurt
Aircraft Registration: N278CM
Airports: KEFD

Re: KaaP 140 Problem in Nav mode

Post by Kurt h »

I have had this problem for several years and ignored it since it is only about a 2 degree turn in the wrong direction for a couple of seconds. I think it changed after the last software upgrade (which was many years ago for my non-WAAS plane).

All that said I am interested in a fix if someone knows what is causing it and the fix is not difficult.
Kurt
2004 DA40.391
40flyer
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Don
Aircraft Registration: N418AM
Airports: 6D6

Re: KaaP 140 Problem in Nav mode

Post by 40flyer »

Kurt,
I’m going to call Diamond Canada on Monday and see what they know about this, if anything. Like yours, mine is also only a few degrees hdg change in the wrong direction before it corrects. Hdg mode does not exhibit any anomalies. Seems like it is caused by an erroneous command from the G1000 lateral steering function.