5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Rich
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: N40XE
Airports: S39 Prineville OR

Re: ADS-B Traffic target problem

Post by Rich »

Using Stratus 2 or 3 + FF I don't see those extraneous fields. Maybe a side-effect of Scout as the receiver?

I do have an anomaly I've reported to Foreflight and sent them logs: When ADS-B 1090 ES targets are near a ground station (in particular, the one near Bend, OR), and you open up the target detail the target will flop back and forth between 1090 ES and UAT TIS-B). This isn't even noticeable unless you elect to look at the detail. I'm using Stratus 3 + latest FF.

As far as I can see it's the proximity of the target to the tower, not my proximity to either the target or the GS. But this is a snapshot observation on my part and may not be 100% true.

BTW, I've noticed a fairly high number of ADS-B aircraft whose Ground mode is not correctly configured OR the pilot is not enabling on the ground.
2002 DA40-180: MT, PowerFlow, 530W/430W, KAP140, ext. baggage, 1090 ES out, 2646 MTOW, 40gal., Surefly, Flightstream 210, Orion 600 LED, XeVision, Aspen E5
smoss
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Steve
Aircraft Type: DA40
Airports: KVGT

Re: ADS-B Traffic target problem

Post by smoss »

Thanks for the ground mode info Rich, that may well be the issue While I have a Scout also, I only used it for backup checking of the info. My main receiver now is the GTX345r and that is where the blank fields show from. The Scout/FF do not ever produce such fields.
Steve
DA40 XL