3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Jeffrey
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: N648DS
Airports: KSNA

Re: New Seats and Interior in the 40!

Post by Tipo815 »

Antoine wrote:Just a reminder: this Jason Cooper who also operated under "Custom Aircraft Trimmers" in the UK is a crook.
I made the mistake of letting him do the interior of my Extra 400 without getting customer references.
He insulted me, ripped me off, blackmailed me and got me to pay an additional $ 3'000 in ransom for 2 of my seats which he had held back while pretending he had shipped so I would release the final payment.
I sued him, won the case and then found out that there were 2 more cases won against him. This may explain why there's a "Coopers Cabin Aircraft" in business. It looks suspiciously similar to me...
Don't even get close Jason Cooper and PM me for more detail. I have a big file and now that the court case is won, I can disclose it without fear of a countersuit against me or the forum.
Wow. Never heard this before. But definitely not an issue where my seats are concerned since the guy that did mine is out of Corona, California. Very local to me. Also, he turned them around in three weeks. Something you obviously could not do if you had to pack and ship them somewhere overseas.
Antoine
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Antoine
Aircraft Type: OTHER
Aircraft Registration: N121AG
Airports: LSGG

Re: New Seats and Interior in the 40!

Post by Antoine »

After further investigation, I can confirm that cooperscabincraft is in the same hands as the former "Custom Aircraft Trimmers Ltd" which I have taken to court in England.

Not all customers have had the same experience I did, but there were enough lawsuits won and claims awarded ahead of me that it was not worth my time and cost to try and collect the damages the court awarded me.

Mr Jason Cooper conveniently folded that company and resurrected his business under the new name Coopers Cabin Craft.
Interestingly this Coopers Cabin Craft does not seem to be a limited company but rather an individual using this as a commercial brand.
This time around it will be a bit easier for ripped-off customers to collect their money.

Before handing him any business or (yikes) sending your interior to Jason Cooper - do your homework. You'll be glad you did.