1 Diamond Member
1 Diamond Member
First Name: Bill
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: N560DS
Airports: KFIT

Re: Guidance for ADS-B Decision

Post by Willy »

I just had the GTX345R installed in my 2007 DA40 equipped with a G1000. Unfortunately, I am having issues getting the traffic to work at all. I have the TAS600 but every other time I fly I get a Traffic Failure alert that cannot be reset by hitting the TAS breaker. I either have traffic or I don't. What is interesting is after the upgrade my Vol/Squelch push button stopped working and remains stuck on Vol. It may be coincidence but the traffic situation is a pain. When I do get traffic I see both ADS-B targets with a vector and TAS targets without a vector. The other issue is that when the traffic works I don't get any audible callouts when it is in range. I am taking it back to Infinity Aviation in Nashua, NH for a second time for them to try to get the install figured out. Frankly, I am disappointed in Garmin for making a system that doesn't integrate well.
pietromarx
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Peter
Aircraft Registration: NZZZ
Airports: KWHP

Post by pietromarx »

Willy wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 9:43 pm I just had the GTX345R installed in my 2007 DA40 equipped with a G1000. Unfortunately, I am having issues getting the traffic to work at all. I have the TAS600 but every other time I fly I get a Traffic Failure alert that cannot be reset by hitting the TAS breaker. I either have traffic or I don't. What is interesting is after the upgrade my Vol/Squelch push button stopped working and remains stuck on Vol. It may be coincidence but the traffic situation is a pain. When I do get traffic I see both ADS-B targets with a vector and TAS targets without a vector. The other issue is that when the traffic works I don't get any audible callouts when it is in range. I am taking it back to Infinity Aviation in Nashua, NH for a second time for them to try to get the install figured out. Frankly, I am disappointed in Garmin for making a system that doesn't integrate well.
This is an installation issue. Just guessing, but it sounds like one issue is that the GTX-345R and TAS600 are installed as parallel inputs (either physically or configured) to the G1000 when the TAS600 should be an input to the GTC-345R which is then an input to the G1000 ... (The GTX-345R does de-duplication of targets before sending them on to the G1000.) The volume / squelch side is also likely a configuration error, this time in the G1000 itself. You can get to the configuration pages -- careful and only to be done by a licensed tech -- by using the maintenance mode. The GTX-345R / TAS-600 should be an audio input that can be leveled, etc.
Willy
1 Diamond Member
1 Diamond Member
First Name: Bill
Aircraft Registration: N560DS
Airports: KFIT

Post by Willy »

Peter-
Thank you very much for your insight on my problem. I really appreciate your comments.
Bill