Moderators: Rick, Lance Murray

chili4way
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Paul
Aircraft Type: DA40NG
Aircraft Registration: N718NG
Airports: KADS

Re: DA40 NG Delivery - Taxable in Canada?

Post by chili4way »

Hi Scott, I hope you'll take advantage of your visit to London to get a factory tour and see how your airplane was constructed. Tony Boros gives a great tour! The acceptance process is two parts. The first is a physical inspection with a member of the sales team. The second is an acceptance flight with one of the test pilots -- a great chance to learn about the airplane! Don't rush either of these. Assuming your money transfer and FAA registration are in order and you have an eAPIS account (or you'll be flying with a pilot who does), the import process at Port Huron is pretty straight forward as Diamond gets everything set up beforehand. Government-related paperwork schedules can be fluid so be prepared to wait for all the paperwork and advanced notice to Customs & Immigration to be properly aligned. In my case, I arrived on Sunday afternoon (no hotel airport shuttle on Sundays, had to take a cab), the tour and physical inspection were on Monday, and the flight test and departure were on Tuesday. We departed CYXU around 3 pm eastern time. It was a great experience as far as I was concerned. Hope you enjoy your new DA40NG!