Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: N597RA
Airports: 5M9

Re: ADSB upgrade issues....

Post by Roxi5m9 »

CBeak wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:58 pm
Roxi5m9 wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:10 am
CBeak wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:43 am

Software version? Isn't one of our big issues on another thread the inability to get software updates on the legacy G1000? What am I missing?

When you take your diamond to the avionics shop, they will tell you what you all need. No, your plane isn’t waas, but the 345 you put in it will have waas built into it, just for the unit itself. That’s part of what makes it cost 6K. And installing the unit requires them to wipe your firmware and reinstall it. When they do that, they will make sure they reinstall the latest software, and your plane will display traffic.
It was installed a while back. They wiped and reinstalled everything. I do not get traffic on the G1000 but do get it on ForeFlight. Still looking into it, but this is the first time anybody has said the traffic will show up on the non was G1000.
Take it back to your install shop.

I had this problem too! Install took a week, co-owner picked it up late Friday, flew it home, and when I flew it over the weekend, I was like “were the .... is the traffic?!” Took it back to the avionics shop, they had to plug the computer into it and in the “shop level settings” they had to select to display traffic because....wait for it... by default traffic display is set to “off”. Really Garmin?

Easy fix bro. Also, there is a soft key on your MFD to select/deselect traffic once the function is enabled.
N597RA 40.444
‘04 DA40-180
ATP, CFI
5M9, Marion, KY