4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Brock
Aircraft Type: OTHER
Aircraft Registration: N8QQ
Airports: W52

So-long, Fare-well

Post by BRS »

:( / 8)
It's a happy / sad time selling an aircraft. No boat analogies (happiest day of owning a boat...) needed as it was a good ride all around and even the adventure of the supercharger STC was worth it as well. Somebody had to do it.

So my loved (DA40/SC) arrived at it's new home in the Peach Tree State of GA (from Washington State). The decision to sell 'something' was easy as I had two airplanes and a gyroplane. The hard part was deciding what to sell. The gyroplane (google "shredo gyroplane") sold first and I suppose I'll likely replace it sometime in the future with something modern. But that left me with a EAB Glassair Sportsman and the DA40, both of which I was very fond of. It came down to my personality and skills. I like to tinker (thus the supercharger STC) almost as much as I like to fly. The EAB (Expiriemental Amature Built) Sportsman let's me tinker to my heart's content. So I sold the DA40.

Currently the Sportsman is all opened up as I'm in the process of converting to full electronic fuel injection and ignition, as well as installing the same supercharger that is on the DA40. Did I mention that I like to tinker? It's been a good winter project but the end is at sight. Hope to start the engine for the first time next week.

All this to say "Thank You". Thank you to the administration of this forum, what a great tool. Thank you to all of you awesome pilots who make content worth reading as well as providing a wealth of helpful information. And Finally, thank you to Diamond for making such a wonderful airframe (DA40), I hope you don't ruin it.

So for the most part, I'm signing off. I might sign-on from time to time and lurk. Other than that you'll find me on the Glasair (https://forum.glasair-owners.com/) forum.

Blessings and God-Speed
40.649 Sold (Still miss the DA40 from time to time)
Fly and EAB Sportsman
Antoine
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Antoine
Aircraft Registration: N121AG
Airports: LSGG

Re: So-long, Fare-well

Post by Antoine »

Good bye Brock, having downgraded to a distant cousin myself, I will let another person extend the invitation to stay around the family...
Your contribution was invaluable and I wish you well.
Ian Sage
2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member
First Name: Ian
Aircraft Registration: NONE
Airports: KAPA

Post by Ian Sage »

A fond half-farewell from us at Forced Aeromotive as well Brock. We can't thank you enough for your participation and patience during the STC process and we look forward to continue working with you in the future. It is "tinkers" like you who make this type of GA innovation possible. This forum will certainly miss you.
waynemcc999
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Wayne
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: N211WP
Airports: KSBA

Post by waynemcc999 »

Brock, thanks from all of us on this forum, and special thanks for all of your efforts on the Supercharger STC, for which I'm a grateful beneficiary.
All the very best and please lurk from whenever you have time!
Wayne
Wayne McClelland
PPL/IR, 2008 Diamond Star DA40-XLS 40.922, KSBA
Photo logs of PilotsNPaws | Flying Doctors | Angel Flight | YouTube @GeezerGeekPilot