1 Diamond Member
1 Diamond Member
First Name: Bobby
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: DEWFS
Airports:

Audible traffic warning

Post by myda40 »

Hello, I got a GTX345R installed and I lost the audible traffic warning, anyone know how to turn that feature on? Thanks
smoss
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Steve
Aircraft Type: DA40
Airports: KVGT

Re: Audible traffic warning

Post by smoss »

When the GTX345R is installed an audio line needs to be run to the panel. If you had the TAS600 TCAS already, most shops repurposed the audio line from that to the GTX, which then handles all the traffic compilation. Assuming it was actually installed with the audio line, there is a configuration setting for traffic alert volume when the GTX is setup, that may need to be adjusted. Additionally, I find the GTX audible warnings are MUCH less frequent that previously when the TCAS was controlling the warnings. While the targets show up eternally far away, and are easy to see any potential conflicts, I do not get an audible traffic call unless the other plane is truly very close and potentially about to hit you. Supposedly, there is an algorithm used by the GTX to control alerts based on things like phase of flight, pattern altitude, etc., which suppresses most alerts. Alerts for me are pretty rare, whereas with just the TAS600 they were very common.
Steve
DA40 XL