5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Rich
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: N40XE
Airports: S39 Prineville OR

Re: USB Ports

Post by Rich »

neema wrote:Rich, good to hear. I think I'm doing a terrible job articulating my point.

Maybe phrased another way: it's nice that pax in the back seat can use the rear car charger port for something like a usb-C laptop charger. Car charger/cigarette lighter ports seem to open up more possibilities and cost less to install.
I'm making no accommodation for rear-seat passengers. Never had a request, including from my teen and pre-teen granddaughters who use their iPads to their hearts' content when flying with me. Flights with them aren't that long, anyway. If need be I'd set them up with my ANKER battery pack. That costs even less to "install" :D
2002 DA40-180: MT, PowerFlow, 530W/430W, KAP140, ext. baggage, 1090 ES out, 2646 MTOW, 40gal., Surefly, Flightstream 210, Orion 600 LED, XeVision, Aspen E5
Colin
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Colin
Aircraft Type: DA42
Aircraft Registration: N972RD
Airports: KFHR

Re: USB Ports

Post by Colin »

usb.jpg
I kept saying I'd post a photo of where our front seat USB port was installed. Here it is, right below my left knee. It was a dual USB version, but then I replaced it with a USB/USB-C version instead. Now my wife's laptop can be charged while we are flying, which became a little more important with the new plane (longer legs, no stick on the right seat so she's more likely to work).

There are still two dual-usb ports in the luggage area and our teenagers (they are teenagers until they have jobs, right?) use them to keep their iPhones charged up. Nothing annoyed me more on previous family flights than landing and having them both say they couldn't help find dinner because their phones were out of battery. Solved.
Colin Summers, PP Multi-Engine IFR, ~3,000hrs
colin@mightycheese.com * send email rather than PM
http://www.flyingsummers.com
N972RD DA42 G1000 2.0 s/n 42.AC100 (sold!)
N971RD DA40 G1000 s/n 40.508 (traded)