5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Colin
Aircraft Type: DA42
Aircraft Registration: N972RD
Airports: KFHR

Re: Again ECU failure

Post by Colin »

All mine has been done at MX Aero. I don't like the behavior of your engines, I would complain bitterly. I don't want to have to baby an engine to get to altitude. I ease the levers forward with the brakes applied, but they are full forward when I let go with my feet. Are you saying you are not full forward for takeoff? Or just that you can't shove the lever forward? I guess I'm not sure if I've tried that.
Colin Summers, PP Multi-Engine IFR, ~3,000hrs
colin@mightycheese.com * send email rather than PM
http://www.flyingsummers.com
N972RD DA42 G1000 2.0 s/n 42.AC100 (sold!)
N971RD DA40 G1000 s/n 40.508 (traded)
Karl
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Karl
Aircraft Type: DA40
Airports:

Post by Karl »

neema wrote:We had our wastegate actuators changed after the AD and that create ECU failure problems for us. The original wastegates worked great!

Despite the replacement wastegate actuators being adjusted correctly, engine power was too slow to come up relative to commanded power. I could cowboy the plane into not throwing codes (very slowly advance throttle), but even doing that caused a partial power scenario 10 minutes into flight where. I turned back and had new wastegates put on and adjusted. Even then, we still have a RH engine that's slow to come up to power and will throw a code if we advance throttle levers too quickly. I've dealt with it for 80 hours. Will have it changed again to make it right when we go in for annual.

Hope your RH fuel pressure issue is a simple fix
Definitely something wrong. Get it fixed before something bad happens.
Daneshgari
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Perry
Aircraft Type: DA42-VI
Aircraft Registration: N705JP
Airports: KFNT

Post by Daneshgari »

I had this in my very first flight last year. It was just the fact that the ECUs were receiving bad data. Once the engine was restarted it went away.

Perry
Rmateu
2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member
First Name: Roberto
Aircraft Registration: YV3313
Airports: SVCS

Post by Rmateu »

The problem is making me nuts. After going through a long list that Austria send us, the shop could not find anything wrong, they update the ECU software and clear all errors and the followings flights went without a problem. But that change yesterday, while returning from Aruba just after lift up. A & B ECU Failure on the left engine, thus power is reduced to 86%. With little option I had to continue my flight (Things at the south of the border, does not follows normal rules). after a few moments the B ECU failure on the right engine. One thing important is to initially fly the plane with asymmetrical trust and later to climb with only 86 of engine power. After leveling at 11500, the error on the left engine clear away, however, the B ECU failure on the right engine stayed for the whole trip. Again, the shop is downloading the data and writing to Austria on a more energetic way to see if they can give light for a more throughly troubleshooting of the problem.
cptndavid
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: David
Aircraft Registration: N16FA
Airports: N87

Post by cptndavid »

You might want to have a talk with John Webber at Continental Motors.
ememic99
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Emir
Aircraft Registration: SEMAD
Airports: LDZA LDVA

Post by ememic99 »

cptndavid wrote:You might want to have a talk with John Webber at Continental Motors.
The aircraft is equipped with AE300 engines, not with CD.
Rmateu
2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member
First Name: Roberto
Aircraft Registration: YV3313
Airports: SVCS

Post by Rmateu »

We finally resolved the mystery. the culprit was an erratic boost pressure sensor on one of the engines. Definitely the AE300 wizard helped a lot. Working with the Diamond representative we saw the data of the logs and we find that one of the engines was not reaching the operating pressure for 100% power. Thus that could be 3 things, The Turbo, the pressure hose circuit or the Boost pressure sensor. After discarding the first two, we change the pressure sensor, and that resolved the problem.
hap
2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member
First Name: Henry
Aircraft Registration: N471HP
Airports: MYNN

Post by hap »

Had similar problem on take off out of MKBS so returned to land. Continued flight was not recommended. Turned out had leaky hoses that needed replacement as well as a sensor.
Advised the sensor device has a 3 to 4 year life have and hoses needed an elbow manifold to stop the stressing.
Boatguy
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Russ
Aircraft Type: DA62
Aircraft Registration: N962M
Airports: KSTS

Post by Boatguy »

hap wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:03 pm Had similar problem on take off out of MKBS so returned to land. Continued flight was not recommended. Turned out had leaky hoses that needed replacement as well as a sensor.
Advised the sensor device has a 3 to 4 year life have and hoses needed an elbow manifold to stop the stressing.
CDI or Austro engines?
juanla@aol.com
1 Diamond Member
1 Diamond Member
First Name: Juan
Aircraft Type: DA62
Aircraft Registration: N53vv
Airports: Knew

Post by juanla@aol.com »

Have the same problem with a DA62 with AE300 engines that I fly. This the 3rd time we get the ECU A and B fail on the right engine and then goes away after 45 minutes. However the last time there was a difference on the RPMs and the right engine rpm was flashing. at 90% power. After reducing power to 86% it got better and then after 30 minutes everything was normal.....???