4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Neema
Aircraft Type: DA62
Aircraft Registration: N617DC
Airports: KFAT

Xevision 50w ballasts

Post by neema »

Wondering how many or if many of us here (62 owners as well!) have upgraded the factory installed 35w Xevision ballasts to 50w setup?

Xevision has a 337 form posted on their website with the exact upgrade under the "resources" tab.

Link here

I called up Xevision, spoke with Dan who was super helpful. Seems like you can just order the ballasts $275/ea and swap them in. In some instances, you may need to order cables at $85/ea.

Bulbs are the same with negligible change in service life.

65% increase in bulb output. 3200 lumens to 5300 lumens

Another question is how do we get approval for the pulse module to go on as well. Anyone make an OEM switch with 3 positions (off, pulse, on?). Or maybe add a separate oem switch that's pulse off/on.
neema
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Neema
Aircraft Type: DA62
Aircraft Registration: N617DC
Airports: KFAT

Re: Xevision 50w ballasts

Post by neema »

Found the switch manufacturer.

It's an Otto K1 style switch. Catalog is here: https://www.otto-controls.com/-/media/p ... pages.ashx

There are 3 position rocker switches available with the same white face. I think that would be an elegant solution to running pulse lights.

I'm told that if lights are close together, don't wig-wag since they'll look like one light is on from a distance. Better to have both lights pulse simultaneously for greater effect.