Diamond Aircraft Owner's Seminars/Panels/Training/Fly-ins?

The ramblings of our community of aviators.

Moderators: Rick, Lance Murray

jb642DA
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: John
Aircraft Type: OTHER
Aircraft Registration: N2691Y
Airports: KPTK KDTW

Re: Diamond Aircraft Owner's Seminars/Panels/Training/Fly-ins?

Post by jb642DA »

See you there Rick!
Looking!
1980 414A - N2691Y (sold)
DA62 - N100DA 62.078 (sold)
DA42TDi - N742SA 42.AC112 (sold)
CFIDave
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Dave
Aircraft Type: OTHER
Aircraft Registration: N333GX
Airports: KJYO Leesburg VA

Post by CFIDave »

Since it's only a 10 minute flight away from my home airport, I plan on being at Frederick, too -- along with some exhibit aircraft. ;)
Epic Aircraft E1000 GX
Former DA40XLS, DA42-VI, and DA62 owner
ATP, CFI, CFI-I, MEI
DaveS1900
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Dave
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: N521DD
Airports: I74 Urbana Ohio

Post by DaveS1900 »

I may be at the Tullahoma Tennessee fly-in.

Dave S.
Boatguy
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Russ
Aircraft Type: DA62
Aircraft Registration: N962M
Airports: KSTS

Post by Boatguy »

Just tried the link and got a permission error. I’ll be at LVK. Need to think further about activities and topics for Max.
TwinStarScott
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Scott
Aircraft Type: DA42
Aircraft Registration: N189Y
Airports: WN53

Post by TwinStarScott »

The AOPA LVK link should work now Russ. Event planners are meeting onsite tomorrow morning. Also, the AOPA organizer is still open to agenda items geared toward Diamond owners - should enough interest be generated. A minimum of 25 aircraft seems to me like a reasonable number to aim for, otherwise it's not worth the trouble. However, time is of the essence.

For those still considering attending this fun and educational venue at the Livermore airport in June, please click HERE.
Boatguy
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member

Post by Boatguy »

Sorry Scott, the sheet still comes up as "View Only".

Regarding topics for Diamond:

- NG engine orientation. I've read the AFM, but obviously issues come up and some are reported here. We know that ECU Failure has nothing to do with the ECU, can Diamond expand on that and give us a better feel for the gray area between full power available, and engine out? There seems to be some ongoing controversy about MB parts versus Diamond parts, can they shed light on that?

- Owner maintenance: We know there are 31 things we can do, can Diamond dig into those a bit and provide any insights before owners perform their own maintenance?

- Avionics: What can owners expect with regard to avionics s/w upgrades for both legacy G1000 and NXi?

- What's coming? Does Diamond want to give us a pep talk about how things will be better next year? DA50? What else is in the pipe?

These are some top of the mind ideas. I know there aren't that many owners on the west coast. More importantly, I doubt that this forum reaches even half the owners. Will Diamond share any contact information or be a relay for communication to all owners so that you could build a mailing list to either contact owners directly with things like the potential for a presentation at AOPA-KLVK or entice more owners to regularly read these forums?

Cirrus has built their business on supporting communication between owners. Will Diamond do the same?
TwinStarScott
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Scott
Aircraft Type: DA42
Aircraft Registration: N189Y
Airports: WN53

Post by TwinStarScott »

Boatguy wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:11 am Will Diamond share any contact information or be a relay for communication to all owners so that you could build a mailing list to either contact owners directly with things like the potential for a presentation at AOPA-KLVK or entice more owners to regularly read these forums?

Cirrus has built their business on supporting communication between owners. Will Diamond do the same?
Not sure why this is still happening Russ, as I've set it up three times now to "anyone can edit" and saved the setting. Fortunately, in this respect we've had much better luck with the G1000 petition. Maybe you or somebody else could give it a quick try again and let me know.

Regardless, owners can just sign-up via this thread as an alternative means of expressing their interest in attending.

All great suggestions for Fly-in topics. Also, is there any owner out there who has a high enough level contact at DAI to obtain the information and cooperation from DAI that is mentioned above by Russ?

Bottom line is, we need a bunch of owners to sign up here right away - as we still might be able to get Max Trescott to give a Diamond specific presentation, as this location is in his backyard.

Once we hit 25 members, then more event planning can take place. Otherwise, it will have to wait until 2020. Then we'll have to start the planning much earlier and well before AOPA even selects the event location.

Thanks!

PS - so far it's just you and I Russ, plus maybe a retired airline friend of mine that has a DA40. Who raved about Max's presentation last year at MSO.
Boatguy
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member

Post by Boatguy »

OK. I was able to add my name tonight. I find Max is always informative and educational. You could turn it around and ask Max to present on whatever he thinks is important for Diamond owners to know about G1000 / NXi.
CrimsonPilot
1 Diamond Member
1 Diamond Member
First Name: KimSon
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: N732DS
Airports: KPAO

Post by CrimsonPilot »

As new Diamond pilot, I would be very interested in such a talk or gathering in Livermore too. COPA is a great community and it's very hard to replicate their educational arm--COPA University--and social activities. But actually Cirrus Aircraft does NOT have any substantial sponsorship of COPA events. Cirrus and COPA frequently clash due to COPA's independence. At the last Migration that I attended, I saw many demo planes from other manufacturers but actually no new Cirrus airplanes, not even the VisionJet.
Boatguy
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member

Post by Boatguy »

CrimsonPilot wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:35 pm As new Diamond pilot, I would be very interested in such a talk or gathering in Livermore too. COPA is a great community and it's very hard to replicate their educational arm--COPA University--and social activities. But actually Cirrus Aircraft does NOT have any substantial sponsorship of COPA events. Cirrus and COPA frequently clash due to COPA's independence. At the last Migration that I attended, I saw many demo planes from other manufacturers but actually no new Cirrus airplanes, not even the VisionJet.
I think there will be a small group, maybe very small. I'll send you a PM to make arrangements.