Diamond Aircraft Owner Census

The ramblings of our community of aviators.

Moderators: Rick, Lance Murray

hkavasch
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Hans
Aircraft Type: DA42
Aircraft Registration: D-GDON
Airports: EDMQ

Re: Diamond Aircraft Owner Census

Post by hkavasch »

ememic99 wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 5:09 pm Done but I wonder how many owners are aware of the survey at all because there's a lot of them out there (especially in Europe) who don't participate at this forum.
This is also a big worry for me.. I tried several times to find an easy way to identify European Diamond Owners... but there is just no simple way.
Yesterday I talked to the German Diamond maintenance center.. asked them if they could distribute it to their customers.. they were aware of the survey but have not planned proactive steps to make customers aware.
It would be an easy thing for Diamond to reach out to all of their certified maintenance partners (the ones that can order spare parts) asking them to inform their customers..
I would assume, that there are more DA40 and DA42 flying in Europe than in the US...

Maybe a good point to discuss with Diamond in your next meeting on how to reach out to European customers..
Hans Kavasch
Flying Club MDG (http://www.edmq.de), Germany
DA40TDI 2.0s CD155, G1000, D4.325, D-EDKY
DA42 2.0 CD135, 42.049, D-GDON
jb642DA
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: John
Aircraft Type: OTHER
Aircraft Registration: N2691Y
Airports: KPTK KDTW

Post by jb642DA »

Completed
Looking!
1980 414A - N2691Y (sold)
DA62 - N100DA 62.078 (sold)
DA42TDi - N742SA 42.AC112 (sold)
chili4way
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Paul
Aircraft Type: DA40NG
Aircraft Registration: N718NG
Airports: KADS

Post by chili4way »

The first week of the census/survey is completed. Please reply (if you haven't) and help spread the word to other Diamond owners. Diamond mentioned the survey on their social media today.
chili4way
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Paul
Aircraft Type: DA40NG
Aircraft Registration: N718NG
Airports: KADS

Post by chili4way »

Diamond has extended the survey/census until May 31. Their web page also now includes an active link to the Diamond Aviators Network.
TwinStarScott
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Scott
Aircraft Type: DA42
Aircraft Registration: N189Y
Airports: WN53

Post by TwinStarScott »

For those who have yet to respond to the current G1000 owner survey by Diamond, this is your final boarding call – as the survey ends this Sunday (May 31st at 12 midnight EDT).

So far there have only been 350 responses to the survey. We expect to provide another update once Diamond tallies the survey results.
Boatguy
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Russ
Aircraft Type: DA62
Aircraft Registration: N962M
Airports: KSTS

Post by Boatguy »

The survey is an opportunity for owners to do a couple of things:

1) Identify yourself to Diamond so they can contact you in the future for future surveys and customer communications. That can't be a bad thing!

2) Give Diamond your initial response to some poorly worded and inadequately informed questions. There is insufficient information (i.e., how much will this cost?) to provide a really good response, so give them your response assuming that money is no object and they'll figure out pricing which is acceptable to you. It could happen, but it won't happen if you don't participate.

3) Maybe the specific issues in the survey are not top of mind for you. But other issues may be. Parts availability? Parts pricing? TBO? Participate in this survey and you've set the stage for future communications.

4) Connect with other Diamond owners who you may not know well and encourage them to respond and to at least check in on DAN every few weeks.

Here is a link to the page with the survey. The actual survey link is buried in the page about half way down.

https://www.diamondaircraft.com/en/abou ... er-survey/