Issue with inline images

A place for you to give us feedback on the site, what's working well, and what other features you'd like to see

Moderators: Rick, Lance Murray

dant
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Dan
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: N787DM
Airports: KPAE

Issue with inline images

Post by dant »

Is it just me or are inline images not always showing up? For example, I can't see the amazon link in the second post here:

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8093

but I can see the air pump images here fine:

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8223

Is this something with my local machine or a common problem?
Chris
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Chris
Aircraft Type: DA42NG
Aircraft Registration: N449TS
Airports: KHIO

Re: Issue with inline images

Post by Chris »

Well, the first post doesn't actually contain an attachment but rather a full URL to Amazon that gets expanded by one of the forum plugins into an image reference on amazon.com. So it looks very much like an Amazon.com advertisement. I have my ad blocker disabled on DAN, so it shows up fine for me.

The car air pump photo is an actual image attachment that was uploaded to DAN and then placed inline.

My best guess is that you have an ad blocker enabled that prevents the amazon.com reference from being expanded inline. Similar to what is described on this thread related to the plugin we use for such links on DAN.

If you have an ad blocker enabled, can you try to disable it for diamondaviators.net to see if it makes any difference? If that's not the case, then I'll need to do more digging.
Chris
N449TS / DA42-NG / 42.AC049
KHIO