5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Rich
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: N40XE
Airports: S39 Prineville OR

Re: LEMO adapter cable

Post by Rich »

Just some comments on what I've found regarding use of LEMO (whether using my adapter solution of built-in) in combination with specific headsets:

Pilot-USA Carbon-A1 w/built-in Blulink 2: Turns ANR on automatically when Avionics Master is turned on. When ship's power is lost it reverts to batteries (if installed) then eventually turns off (dip switch option)

Bose A20 (no BT) + BluLink 2: Both units auto-on (A20 via dip switch selection) automatically when Avionics Master turned on. In the case of the BL it basically forwards power to the A20. When ship's power is lost both/either revert to batteries (if installed) then eventually turns off (dip switch option for both). Note that battery installation behavior is independent for each. With this configuration you wind up with two control modules.

Clarity Aloft + BluLink 2: CA has no ANR feature, so it remains a passive participant in all this. The BL powers up automatically when Avionics Master is turned on. I've customized my CA cable so it connects directly to the BL without an intervening dual-plug/jack connector. CA is available with BL 2 integrated with the product. The BL 2 a recent addition, improving on the original BL integration.

Zulu 3 (no BluLink): With the LEMO option there is no provision for batteries at all. Automatically on when ship's power is on and naturally shuts off when power to it is lost (duh). The lack of a battery compartment makes its control module the lightest and smallest of all of these. The user guide doesn't adequately cover the LEMO environment.

All of these require BT be explicitly turned on, even in the Auto-ON scenario. But it is dependent on the "main" power being on, so auto-off still applies.
BL 2 provides for 2 simultaneous BT connections.
BL 2 can accept LEMO connection to the aircraft and to the connected headset.
All of these configurations will function (ANR and BT, as applicable) without batteries as long as you have ship's power available. In such a case of power loss and no batteries batteries BT and ANR drop out, but aircraft com continues subject to the limitations of the audio system.
2002 DA40-180: MT, PowerFlow, 530W/430W, KAP140, ext. baggage, 1090 ES out, 2646 MTOW, 40gal., Surefly, Flightstream 210, Orion 600 LED, XeVision, Aspen E5