1 Diamond Member
1 Diamond Member
First Name: Lin
Aircraft Type: DA40NG
Aircraft Registration: N118C
Airports:

OEI and feathering

Post by Lin »

Hi,every one.My name is Lin .I am flying DA42TDI.
I am wondering what should I do if I lose one engine with landing gear up while remaining runway is insufficient.
According to the AFM of DA42TDI,I may have negative rate of climb even if the dead engine has been feathered(AFM dose not provide climb performance before feather the dead engine.For example ,windmilling or stopping)
If I carrying out feathering procedure,I am not sure about whether the windmilling engine can be successfully feathered due AFM indicates pilot should feather the propeller with at least above 1300 rpm(possibly failed),and 1800rpm is recommended(more likely to succeed).

Question 1:Normally my DA42TDI makes initial climb at 90kt.If I lose one engine while the landing gears up and runway is insufficient,can the windmilling dead engine reach 1300rpm or possibly 1800rpm which ensure I can successfully feather the propeller?
Question 2: At cruising level if I carrying out feathering procedure for the dead engine below 1300rpm and the propeller fail to feather.Under this circumstance will if feather while I increasing rpm to 1300 by increasing speed?

Thanks for your patience ,I appreciate it a lot.